Author Topic: Candorville Comic Strip -- Hilarious Brokeback Reference  (Read 2257 times)

TheStudDuck

Candorville Comic Strip -- Hilarious Brokeback Reference
« on: April 04, 2006, 02:21:53 pm »
My mother, knowing how much of a brokie I am, showed me a comic strip from Sunday's paper and it was actually pretty funny.  It is entirely referencing Brokeback Mountain and lampooning homophobia and how ridiculous it is.  (at least that's what I got from it, I'm sure it's open for interpretation)

Anywho... I'll include a link to the image for you... as well as an attachment of it.  Don't know why... just in case you have a preference, I suppose, and to cite where I got the image from.

But first!  For some reason, the image is significantly sized down and the words are a little difficult to read.  So for your convenience, if you are having trouble reading them, I am including what each thing says so that you can keep up with the jokes.  I encourage to see if you can read it first and then reference back here if you can't... because I can read it... it's just that I already know what they are saying, so I'm not sure if it's because I know what it already says or what.

Here's the link:  http://www.comics.com/wash/candorville/archive/images/candorville2006040261702.gif
Or you can click to look at it through the attachment at the bottom.

AND HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE:

Dude on Left has a shirt that says:  Thug 4 Life

Box #1 -- Dude on Left says, "I wish I knew how to quit you.  Heh.  Heh."

Box #2 -- Dude on Left says, "Get it?  I said 'I wish I knew how to quit you,' like in Brokeback Mountain, that movie about a couple of gay dudes."

Box #3 -- [nothing]

Box #4 --Dude on Left says, "Y'know, 'cause I'm not gay, and anything that's unfamiliar to me must be bad or weird, and so I find that funny."

Box #5 -- [nothing]

Box #6 -- Dude on Left says, "I'm not gay, you know..."

That is all.

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: Candorville Comic Strip -- Hilarious Brokeback Reference
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 02:41:56 pm »
thanx for the link. i like the reaction of the guy on the right in the last box.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Candorville Comic Strip -- Hilarious Brokeback Reference
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:53:48 pm »
Haha, thanks Stud!