Author Topic: Rufus Wainwright to wed  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Rufus Wainwright to wed
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:43 am »
Rufus Wainwright reportedly set to get married Thursday

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/rufus-wainwright-reportedly-set-to-get-married-thursday-1.921482

Rufus Wainwright is to wed his long-term partner Jorn Weisbrodt on Thursday.

The 39-year-old singer and the German-born theatre producer -- who got engaged in November 2010 - are to tie the knot at the home of his singer/songwriter father Loudon Wainwright III  and late mother Kate McGarrigle in Montauk, New York, after same-sex marriage was made legal in the state in July 2011.

Sources told the New York Post newspaper that Yoko Ono and Carrie Fisher -- who is best known for playing Princess Leia in the original 'Star Wars' trilogy in the late 70s and early 80s -- are both due to attend the 'Hallelujah' hitmaker's nuptials, along with around 250 guests.

Attendees will be treated to a lunch of champagne and lobster rolls at a local restaurant before heading to Montauk's Shagwong Restaurant -- which Rufus once described as being "filthy and smelly and, once again, sexy" -- for a reception which is expected to go on until 4am.

Rufus is believed to be going to sing at the party along with a number of other live performers instead of a DJ.

The couple raise 18-month-old daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen -- who Rufus had with Lorca Cohen, the daughter of Leonard Cohen -- along with the youngster's mother.

Rufus -- who has been dating Jorn for more than five years -- proposed at a restaurant in London in November 2010 while the pair were enjoying an Indian meal.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Re: Rufus Wainwright to wed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »

Love that.. I am a huge fan of Wainwright.  He is an amazing talent...   So happy for the both of them.  Along with their daughter..

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »
This makes me really happy!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »
    Love that.. I am a huge fan of Wainwright.  He is an amazing talent...   So happy for the both of them.  Along with their daughter..

I knew this - even looked in your blog to see if I could find an existing thread to post this information.  :)

Unfortunately, you had yet too start one up ...
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer