Author Topic: The Oscars  (Read 31208 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Oscars
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »
The appearance of Kim Novak, made me embarrassed for her, still not knowing why she was called on to be a presenter, except to show the younger starlets what a disaster plastic surgery can be. The same goes for Goldie Horn, who has always had a beautiful face, yet now filled with botox, looks awful. Why cant she age gracefully and with dignity like her partner Kurt Russell.

Melanie Griffith is another one. She's doing a guest stint right now on the reboot of Hawaii Five-O (stars Aussie hunk Alex O'Loughlin), and she looks like a fright.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:20 am »
Ellen was hosting, so I wanted to watch.  I must confess that after Jared Leto won his award, I promptly fell asleep and missed most of the show...  Oh well...

I woke up in time to see the end of the show and most of the major awards (I did miss Lupito Nyong'o's win). Because I was sleeping in the middle, my experience was that it all seemed over and done very quickly! 

(I totally missed the whole Pink/Wizard of Oz thing, the pizza man, Kim Novak,...) 

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 09:17:50 am »
(I totally missed the whole Pink/Wizard of Oz thing, the pizza man, Kim Novak,...) 

I had originally forgotten that P!nk was gonna be there, and when the Wizard of Oz stuff started, my immediate fear was that Liza and Lorna were going to take the stage.  Thankfully, we got P!nk.

I want to know who told Liza it would be good to streak her hair blue to match her dress?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 11:05:53 am »
I totally missed the whole Pink/Wizard of Oz thing

Friend of mine at work said Pink "totally nailed" Over the Rainbow--and this is from a woman who is nearly retirement age.

"I'll get you, my pretty!"
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 01:45:30 pm »
"I'll get you, my pretty!"

Reminds me of Adele Dazeem

If you don't know who Adele Dazeem is, follow this link.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »
:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »

Reminds me of Adele Dazeem

If you don't know who Adele Dazeem is, follow this link.

I checked the link, which confirmed my guess. Earlier this week I saw a commercial for Letterman that mentioned "Ten Ways to Mispronounce Idina Menzel."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »
My opera singer friends on Facebook were in two camps about Pink's rendition of "Over the Rainbow."  Some defended her as a favorite rock singer, others were super annoyed at her complete disregard of phrasing and her taking breaths at odd moments.  Someone wondered why they didn't just ask Bette Midler to sing it.  Although I though Pink was in command and admirably composed, I think they could have made a better choice.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »
My opera singer friends on Facebook were in two camps about Pink's rendition of "Over the Rainbow."  Some defended her as a favorite rock singer, others were super annoyed at her complete disregard of phrasing and her taking breaths at odd moments.  Someone wondered why they didn't just ask Bette Midler to sing it.  Although I though Pink was in command and admirably composed, I think they could have made a better choice.

I'm sure Bette could have knocked it out of the park.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 05:36:36 pm »
I'm sure Bette could have knocked it out of the park.

Yes, I agree......"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is a beautiful haunting song and it didn't come out that way with Pink...Bette could have done it much much better...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection