Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147514 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2008, 07:54:21 am »

Perving on Hugh saves lives

March 08, 2008 12:00am

WITH his rippling biceps, hirsute facial features and that leading man swagger, there's a lot to like about Hugh Jackman these days.

But perving on the box office star allegedly saved the lives of three star-struck women yesterday, who escaped injury in a near-miss car accident.

All by a Wolverine whisker.

Self-confessed "lover of Sydney Confidential" Virginia Kim survived to tell her harrowing celebrity tale, when the car she was travelling to work in slowed to check out the Aussie actor having breakfast at Bills restaurant, Darlinghurst.

"He was kind enough to perch himself at the window table, looking very early morning scruffy but still very lush," Kim said in an emotional email.

"As we drove past the window (for the third consecutive time), we slowed the car to an absolute crawl and came to a very early stop at the traffic light," Kim wrote in the email.

"Two seconds later, a crazy out-of-control car came out of nowhere and crossed on to the wrong side of the road. Had we stopped where we were supposed to, it would have been a head-on collision."

The Sydney publicist and her two colleagues were shaken by the incident, but the drama merely confirmed their interest in the star.

"Hugh Jackman's good looks and our incapacity to take our eyes away literally saved our lives," she gushed. "He's the office hero."

Confidential attempted to speak to the Man Of The Moment, but a spokeswoman for Jackman said the star was unavailable for comment.

Probably busy delivering puppies or helping little old ladies across the street, we would guess.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23336845-5013560,00.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2008, 07:55:19 am »
Hugh with his wife:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2008, 07:58:40 am »
Hugh making a funny face:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2008, 07:40:28 am »
First known as The Tourist, then The List, Hugh's new movie is now called Deception and due to open on April 25th. It also stars Ewan McGregor and Michelle Williams. Here's a short article from Cinematical:

Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor Get Dirty In "Deception"

Posted Mar 21st 2008 10:32AM by Elisabeth Rappe

The trailer for Deception, the much-renamed thriller starring Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor has finally hit the net -- just as I was beginning to wonder what ever happened to the movie. The embedding links from MSN are not working, so you'll have to go watch it here. If that doesn't work, the official site also has it. McGregor plays an accountant, who is introduced to an exclusive sex club by his lawyer friend, played by Jackman. Of course, not everything is as it seems -- and poor McGregor finds himself a prime suspect in a woman's disappearance.

I won't say any more than that, as I think too much is already given away in this trailer. It has a suspiciously slick look, suggesting it might have been straight-to-DVD if not for the star power. I'm trying to sound critical, because my attention was admittedly diverted by the combination of Jackman-McGregor-sex club. It's amusing to think either of them would ever need one.

Here's the official website with the trailer:

http://www.deception-movie.com/site/index.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2008, 07:48:39 am »
from Variety:

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_story&articleid=VR1117982679&categoryid=13

Posted: Wed., Mar. 19, 2008, 8:30pm PT

Marshall shifting gears for Universal
'Doomsday' helmer to adapt Sallis novel

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Neil Marshall has signed with Universal to direct "Drive," an adaptation of the James Sallis novel. Hugh Jackman is attached to play a Hollywood stunt driver who moonlights as a getaway car driver in heists.

Hossein Amini wrote the script, and Marc Platt is producing with Jackman and his Seed Prods. partner John Palermo.

"Drive" marks Marshall's first big studio job for a non-genre picture, and Universal hopes to make it this summer. Scheduling will determine whether Jackman gets behind the wheel for the L.A. set action thriller.

In the book, the stuntman's already-exciting existence gets jolted when he discovers that a contract has been put out on his life.

"This is something I haven't done before, and I've wanted to bring a British sensibility to an L.A. shoot and a scorched classic film noir concept," Marshall told Daily Variety. "Hoss is a fantastic writer, and he's written three amazing car chases in the film. He's turned them into dramatic scenes as opposed to the usual crash, bang, wallop. I would like to be shooting it this summer."

Deal marks the second recent pact for Marshall at Universal after signing to write and direct "Sacrilege," a horror story set in the Old West, at U-based Rogue Pictures, where Marshall wrote and directed "Doomsday."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2008, 07:29:14 am »
More Hugh news!

Superstar actor Hugh Jackman, already portraying a comic book character in 20th Century Fox's upcoming Wolverine, is now teaming with Hollywood scribe Marc Guggenheim and publisher Virgin Comics to create the original comic series Nowhere Man. Story details are being kept under wraps but Virgin officials describe the story as a Sci Fi odyssey set in a groundbreaking vision of the future in which mankind has traded privacy for safety. “I’ve had so much fun in the graphic novel world with the X-MEN franchise that I wanted to get even more involved,” said Jackman about the project. “I am so excited to work with Virgin and Marc and create a compelling character and story that hopefully will also make it to the big screen." Virgin will team with Seed Productions, Jackman’s production company with producer John Palermo, to create the comic series and then take it into film and other areas. Added Palermo: “Seed is thrilled to be in business with Virgin Comics and Marc Guggenheim on this innovative project. From working on the X-MEN films, we have studied the thought and artistry that go into every issue of a graphic novel series and cannot wait to dive in ourselves.”

Marc Guggenheim, who will pen the original series, is no stranger to comics. He has previously authored comics on Marvel’s Wolverine series as well as the best-selling Amazing Spider-Man. Guggenheim has also most recently seen his creative work succeed on the small screen. His Eli Stone is currently running on ABC television to strong reviews.

“Virgin Comics is focused on pairing the best comic book talents with icons in the entertainment industry to develop original stories,” said Sharad Devarajan, Virgin Comics CEO. "Hugh Jackman and Marc Guggenheim working together on Nowhere Man is a perfect combination that promises a great story for everyone.”

Added Gotham Chopra, Virgin Comics Chief Creative Officer who will oversee the development of the series with Amanda Schweitzer of Jackman’s Seed Productions: “we’re already up and running on the creative side of things and having a lot of fun. We believe that our new partnership with the team at Seed on Nowhere Man is the start of something big.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2008, 10:55:52 am »
Hugh goodness...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2008, 12:41:13 pm »
Mmmm yummy!!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2008, 03:12:47 pm »
Mmmm yummy!!!!

Yum indeed Louise. *sigh, thud*.
He is gorgeous isn,t he? What a lucky wife.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »
New photos of Hugh in Australia (the movie, not the country)