Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147630 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2009, 11:09:45 pm »
Isn't he gorgeous......

Thanks for the pics, Leslie.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2009, 08:39:08 am »
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/hugh-jackman-im-not-gay-2009224
Despite rumors to the contrary, Hugh Jackman is not gay.

"I'd be happy to go and deny it, because I'm not," he says in this Sunday's Parade magazine. "But by denying it, I’m saying there is something shameful about it, and there isn’t anything shameful."

Questions about the star's sexuality surfaced when he played gay Australian songwriter Peter Allen in Broadway's The Boy from Oz, for which he won a Tony award in 2004 and performed in his native Australia in 2006.

Check out more photos of stars getting into character.

"The questions about sexuality I find more here in America than anywhere else, because it’s a big hang-up and defines what people think about themselves and others," the actor, 40, adds. "It’s not a big issue in Australia."

Plus, Jackman -- who is best known for his role as the enraged mutant Wolverine in the X-Men franchise -- attests that he is happily married to his wife of 13 years, Deborra-Lee Furness.

See photos of Hollywood's longest relationships.

"She’s the most honest person I’ve ever met. The worst liar. Can’t do it," he says of Deb, eight years his senior. "Everything she feels comes out. This is just the long way of saying she’s not jealous of my success, no. It’s not in her DNA. Every person I’ve ever worked with has ended up liking Deb more than they like me."

He adds: "I’m a little behind in the wit department, and she’s always, ‘Come on, Hugh, keep up! Keep up!’ She looks a lot like Kim Novak, but she’s from the Ethel Merman school with her humor."

The couple have two multiracial children, Oscar, 8, and Ava, 3.

"Mixed-race babies have such a hard time being adopted that Deb and I checked off that box specifically when we were filling out our forms," he tells Parade. "Our lawyer brought the form back to us and said, ‘This is not the time to be politically correct. Are you sure this is what you want?’ We were definite about it."

Take a look at adorable photos of more celebrity babies.

Does the star, who immerses himself in philosophy and meditation in addition to his family, have plans to adopt more?

"No!" Jackman says. "Wow. That’s the first time I’ve ever said that so emphatically and on-the-record. For Deb and me, our family is the most important thing to us, but we travel so much that we fear if we have more kids, it’ll be too much."

Follow Us Weekly on Twitter!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2009, 09:11:36 am »
I read that article a couple of days ago, and as always when I see interviews with Hugh Jackman, was impressed by what he says.

The Boy from Oz, originated in Australia, and an Australian perfomer played the part of Peter Allen.
Todd McKenney played over 700 perfomances in Australia.  Todd is very well known in Australia, a professional song and dance actor in many musical shows, and is also a judge on our version of Dancing With the Stars.

He won every award going, for his performance in Boy from Oz, and no doubt would have won the same acclaim if he had had the opportunity to star in the American version.

Todd is openly gay, and maybe that is why, it was assumed that Hugh was gay too, or maybe there was confusion about the actor in the Australian version and that in the American one.

Here is a pic of Todd McKenney.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection