Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Opera Libretto  (Read 19327 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Brokeback Mountain Opera Libretto
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »
TO ALL MODERATORS: Can't this posting, all 8 pages, be put somewhere special so it will never slip off the Home Page, and always be readily available?  

I'm sorry, but no. I won't copy and paste eight pages from another forum, including comments and everything. That's a no-go in internet etiquette and I'm not even sure if it were legal.

The link from which you can access the libretto is right here in the OP. You can use it anytime.
The forum where it leads to is run by Miniangel, who is a long-time dedicated Brokie and Heathen. I don't think she's gonna take down the other forum anytime soon.
Additionally, Lee has stickied the topic so it will be easy to find at a later point. And if you want to secure it, you can copy&paste the libretto and store it on your own computer.
Hope that helps.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:22 pm »
I agree with Penthesilea. In addition to what she said, the libretto is copyrighted by the author and, as I am a professional writer, I don't republish other people's work. Even though the libretto, book, and movie are easily available all over the Internet.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 02:37:36 pm »
My pleasure :) Yes, I typed it up myself, copying from the score. It was a great way to become familiar with the opera.

Incidentally, I've recently been revisiting my account of the 2007 BBM BBQ where we met, Chrissie. Happy memories of the Rockies and the Bighorns.

Happy memories indeed. Just last week that trip came up for me, too. I talked about it at our gathering in Madrid, where we saw the opera. Coming full circle. O0

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Brokeback Mountain Opera Libretto--No Offence Meant
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 03:23:45 pm »
I am very sorry if I trod on any toes in my enthusiasm for what miniangel has done in giving us the libretto, or urged monitors to go where they should not go.  Of course, I should know as well as any of you, about copyright considerations etc.  It was that momentarily "passion caught me unawares" as I often say.  Take me to task if you like, but please forgive.
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:33 pm »
You didn't trod on any toes and no offense was taken. It's all good.

Offline miniangel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Brokeback Mountain Opera Libretto--No Offence Meant
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:53 pm »
I am very sorry if I trod on any toes in my enthusiasm for what miniangel has done in giving us the libretto, or urged monitors to go where they should not go.  Of course, I should know as well as any of you, about copyright considerations etc.  It was that momentarily "passion caught me unawares" as I often say.  Take me to task if you like, but please forgive.
No worries  :) I'm just delighted that people get to read this remarkable piece of work. I'm finding so much to think about in the libretto. And as Chrissie said, as a dedicated Brokie and Heathen I'm not going to be taking down my forum yetawhile.

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 09:30:24 am »

Miniangel, in spite of how this has turned out, I hope you got it that I was very impressed by all the work you did.  And, through you I discovered the Heath site.  But for me it was always Jack, although I have a big poster of Ennis sitting on a rock or stump in his tan jacket and white hat.  He is the first thing I see when I wake up.  It is a nice way to wake up.   :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:49:18 pm by x-man »
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline miniangel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 06:29:13 pm »
Time passes, and for the past year I've known my little Heath forum has reached the end of its useful life. It nursed so many Heathens through the years of heartache but we all find our own ways of getting on with life eventually. I'll be taking it down at the beginning of June so if anyone wants to hang onto a copy of the libretto you'll have to hop in and copy it. Much as I still adore Heath (and I run a facebook page for him) I find there are other things which call me away. Thanks to BBM and Annie Proulx I've managed to become a published author (on a very small scale - just short stories popping up in various anthologies) and in all my writer bios I credit Heath and Annie and BBM. As a writer I'm all too aware of copyright issues so if there's any uncertainty about copying the libretto I absolutely understand.