Author Topic: The Diner......  (Read 131100 times)

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: The Diner......
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:51 pm »
Berit, how's your mum doing nowadays?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 06:18:15 pm »
Berit, how's your mum doing nowadays?

Mom is 91 and her heart isn't good. She is suffering from dementia - and she is really suffering because she remembers that she forget and mixes things up. It is hard to see her go....my dad died like blowing out a candle, just like that. I found him and it was not fun but this is worse. But I'm 60 and I've had my mom healthy up to 88 or something so I'm pretty blessed anyhow.

How are your parents, Sonja? And your son?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:19:32 pm by Sason »
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »

It's beautiful! I love wood so I wouldn't paint it but that's me...... 8)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 06:25:25 pm »
Today the meteorological institute in Sweden posted it's first warning ever about hot weather!! And the warning is where I live.....but I love the heat so I don't mind. I was going to take mom to the optician tomorrow but I think I'll cancel that and postpone it to cooler days.... 8)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 06:34:18 pm »
I have a similar item (I call it a Low-boy) It is a family hand me down. When I shipped it from Australia to NZ, the removalists came on a stinking hot day and wrapped it in plastic. 2 months later when I unwrapped it in Dunedin it was covered in mildew but my sister got to work and cleaned it up. I only use it to store slides (I have thousands taken in the 60s to 80s and always plan to convert them but....) also ties which I never wear anymore. It is in the guest bedroom I would hate to see it painted but guess it depends on its surroundings.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »
Mom is 91 and her heart isn't good. She is suffering from dementia - and she is really suffering because she remembers that she forget and mixes things up. It is hard to see her go....my dad died like blowing out a candle, just like that. I found him and it was not fun but this is worse. But I'm 60 and I've had my mom healthy up to 88 or something so I'm pretty blessed anyhow.

How are your parents, Sonja? And your son?

Hi
I'm sorry to hear about you Mom, but 91 - bless her heart.  It's also hard on you, so don't forget to take care of yourself, too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:19:58 pm by Sason »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
I have a similar item (I call it a Low-boy) It is a family hand me down. When I shipped it from Australia to NZ, the removalists came on a stinking hot day and wrapped it in plastic. 2 months later when I unwrapped it in Dunedin it was covered in mildew but my sister got to work and cleaned it up. I only use it to store slides (I have thousands taken in the 60s to 80s and always plan to convert them but....) also ties which I never wear anymore. It is in the guest bedroom I would hate to see it painted but guess it depends on its surroundings.

That's beautiful, Brian, looks like it has inlaid wood on the doors?  And you have slides from '60s to '80s!  I imagine when you do go through them it will be like seeing some of the places for the first time again.

Yes, not sure about painting the armoire, the wood is nice.  
thank you
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

Very cool piece of furniture!

I'm with Berit; I wouldn't paint it, either. I like wood, too.

Maybe it could be refinished if you don't like its present appearance?

That space above the drawers looks perfect for storing a cowboy hat!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »
Yay!!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:07:54 am »
I have 794 posts now, this will be post no 795. Maybe the name on the 1000+ Posts Club should be altered if it's open for others too.....I have written there but it doesn't feel good, I don't belong to the club yet  :laugh:

Then keep this one, like I already said. :)
Paul put it on the banner for you.