Author Topic: A Law School BBM Spoof - Brokeback Mooting  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
A Law School BBM Spoof - Brokeback Mooting
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:48:43 pm »
Okay, it's entirely possible that I only find this funny as a recent graduate of law school, so y'all may not laugh as much as I did watching this.  Some students at the University of Alberta law school put this together for their annual talent show (yes, we all had them - just like elementary school!). 

For those who aren't familiar with the term, "mooting" is basically pretending you're in court, with a pretend case and pretend judges and pretend witnesses.  It's taken very seriously by law students - there are competitions, trips to far off lands, cash money prizes, and of course the best gift you can give a law student - something cool to put on their resume.

So, here is the link to Brokeback Mooting for those still interested, lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVxrb4248W4 
   Cowboys do it better

dmmb_Mandy

Re: A Law School BBM Spoof - Brokeback Mooting
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:49 pm »
lol, that was cute Nicole, thanks!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:59:11 pm »
I've seen so many BB parodies that they all seem the same to me, I dunno they just aren't funny anymore. The first one I saw (and the one I still think is the best) was called Bareback Mountain, and it was the one with the guy and the horse..those silhouette tent scenes were hysterical! I also liked how it was poking fun at how people were reacting to seeing two men be together.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:03:16 am »
I agree with you Brandon - I do tend to like the ones poking fun at people afraid to watch it rather than poking fun at the movie.  And they do blend together after a while.  I think I just enjoyed this one because of going to law school and having "mooted" myself - I really can't see non-law students finding it nearly as funny.  We, as a collective group, are complete nerds.  You should hear some of the jokes that get told at our parties - L A M E...... 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 01:40:44 am »
But I liked when the one guy picked up the other guy when he was sleeping over his work.  How hot would it be if Jack had picked up and carried Ennis or vice-versa?

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:46:55 am »
As a recovering law school graduate (and a Moot Master in my 2nd year myself) I found this to be quite funny.  Difference is, in So Cal, we didn't wear robes to Moot Court - only the judges did that . . .
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar