Author Topic: London Spy: Ben Whishaw, dreamy lover/genius Ed Holcroft and sage Jim Broadbent  (Read 571658 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
LONDONSPYFANART_ESEOI_ILOVETHISSHOW

HA!
Scottie looks like
Mikhail Gorbachev,
Frances looks like
Raisa Gorbacheva
and she's smiling--!
(I LOVE LondonSpyArtists!)

speak korean english french but not really good at any language : D...
love art drama movie/multifandom /twitter->@eseoi /

http://haeyang0.tumblr.com/post/133486145919/i-love-this-show
http://haeyang0.tumblr.com/

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
There is a brief stand-off between Ben Whishaw’s character and Charlotte Rampling’s mysterious character that discusses sexual intricacies while outing a lie that might be the most honest and fantastic five minutes you’ll see on screen all season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/london-spy-tv-review-857785

"My son wasn't gay.
Before you hold some sort of parade through the house, hear me out.
(....)
Alistair was as precocious sexually as he was intellectually. To him, they were one and the same.
Sex was just another form of decryption.
(....)
I'm not surprised he used a different name. He was playing a part.
The part of a conventional lover."

Ok, Frances isn't smiling now--
16 NOVEMBER 2015

#LONDON SPY #LONDONSPYEDIT #BEN WHISHAW #CHARLOTTE RAMPLING
#* MADE BY ME #TELLY: LONDON SPY #PEOPLE: BEN WHISHAW
#BEN  IS GONNA WIN A BAFTA FOR HASSLING AN EVIL OLD WOMAN ABOUT HOW WELL HE FUCKED HER SON LMAO

By the way, as Danny headed for the Library door, he said:
"When he told me you were dead, he wasn't lying, was he?"

BOOM.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:38:32 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Danny alone--

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:18:14 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
LONDONSPYFANART惑星WAKUSEI

MARCH 14 2016

Works were drawn by 惑星 (Wakusei).
Thank you for your favorite and reblog.

http://saigodo.tumblr.com/image/141036623786
http://saigodo.tumblr.com/post/141036623786
http://saigodo.tumblr.com/archive
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:44:35 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
TOMROBSMITH<3!LONDONSPYFANART@TWITTER!  

LONDONSPYFANARTJO@TWITTER!
http://j000000.tumblr.com

Guys guys listen up!! I just asked Mr. TRS on twitter about
may I send one copy of the fanbook I’m making to him,
he just give me he’s agent’s address!
(which wasn’t show on his website). And complete  script
of London Spy!!! Can’t wait for it!!!

I’m still inking last 20 pages now, can’t wait to finish it and send it to him!!!
Wish me luck!!!

Tags: london spy omgomg i'm so excited!!!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
LONDONSPYFANARTJO
http://j000000.tumblr.com

Well, I've finally
done it--I contacted
Jo the artist and
ordered 3 copies of
the new fan book--
see below!

Hi Jo, I love your work. I am attempting to buy three copies
of your newly released Spy Book (Danny and Alex) but
unfortunately the (Paypal?) page is NOT translated into English--
I'm unable to read the written instructions on the buttons,
so I don't know how to send you $. Thanks very much!  
(are you aware that Tom Rob Smith has said via twitter
he wants to publish the best Fan Art with the London Spy
scripts in his new book? Contact him, he loves your stuff!) JG

Hello! Thanks for telling me the good news, I’ve twit him some of
my fan arts, hope he’ll pick some of them for his scripts :D

About the paypal page, do you mean the information page?
There’s a “change language” button on top of the page, click
the little USA flag and the page will be in English.

Hope this answers your question, thanks for asking!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:19:12 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Where can I see this show?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
Where can I see this show?

By at least two ways, Chuck--

Amazon Video (Streaming) NOW (which you own and keep forever, I think):

or buying the 2-disc DVD (which will be released next month, April 12, also on Amazon):

at least a 3rd option is if you subscribe to BBC America--problem with that, in literally only a few days from now, the 5 episodes will no longer be available (the series has been available on BBC America since/about January 21)

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
LONDONSPYFANFIC

Danny found the book tucked away in a little nook in a bookshop he stumbled across during one of his many walks after Alex’s disappearance and Scottie’s death. He walked for miles all around the city, trying to see every street, every house, corner, garden, park, shop – he wanted to see the entire city, walk to everything. If he was walking, it felt like he was going somewhere, like there was an end and beginning he was approaching.

Danny had done everything he could. What else was there to be done? He was one man now. One man with grief bloating inside of him, ready to split his skin at any moment. One man with manic grief brimming from his eyes, his hands constantly in fists to try and concentrate the energy, to prevent the grief from using his body to break walls or chairs, from breaking his own body.

The cover catches his eye. Blue. A deep blue. A block of white in the upper-middle of the book. The words on the cover are small. He remembers Scottie’s story about a deceased partner.

… blue was described as having healing properties …
blue alone could save him …

He wouldn't accept the fresh fruit and vegetables
because they weren’t blue …

Danny touched the cover of the book with his fingertips, afraid to the open it. What good would it do? It did nothing for Scottie’s partner. It did nothing for Scottie. No sense in getting caught up in another useless amulet. Blue. What would blue do?

He walked away, tried to look at the fiction, but Danny had been having trouble reading lately. He couldn’t do it. He also couldn’t write. What would any of it do? What was there to be done?

The attractive covers of the books irritated him, the blatant marketing. The blocks of color, stark lines, images popped from the covers – it felt like he was being forced to stare into the sun.

Danny found himself wandering back to the book, wishing to be subsumed by the cover. It was like an ocean, like the sky, like some celestial heaven he and Alex had been barred from, and was now getting a glimpse through this book. Maybe he could meet Alex here. Ridiculous, even for me.

Danny opens up to the fourth page – he never reads the first sentence, he wants to read the fifth, sixth, seventh sentence, he wants to dive right in – and reads, ‘I don’t want to yearn for blue things, and God forbid for any “blueness.” Above all, I want to stop missing you.'

He chokes back a sob, immediately walks to the register with the book, frantically pulling out his wallet.

‘Would you like a bag?’ The teller asks, eyeing Danny, seeing the beginnings of tears.

‘No,’ he manages to croak, and hands over 20 quid. ‘Cheers.’

Danny needs to be alone. To find some corner, make himself as small as possible, as alone as possible. Above all…

He’d been struggling. Try to forget everything? Keep walking like he’d actually one day run into Alex? Bump into him as he rounds a corner? Embrace him again? Kiss him again? He didn’t want to forget the way Alex made him feel, he didn’t want to stop feeling that way. Danny was bursting with grief and love. The two were getting more and more muddled as time passed, as he walked more and more. Nothing healed him. This fucking book wouldn't heal him. It would witness his grief, it would reflect what he wanted it to, it would reflect what he didn’t want it to. What else was there to do?

Finally, Danny settled on a crate in an alley. He held the book like it was the most precious thing in the world. Maybe I can give this to Alex. I saw this, and this was the only thing keeping me alive until we met again. But he was getting ahead of himself, trying to write a narrative where there wasn’t one.

He opened to another page in the middle of the book: ‘It does not really bother me that half the adults in the Western world also love blue, or that every dozen years or so someone feels compelled to write a book about it. I feel confident enough of the specificity and strength of my relation to it to share. Besides, it must be admitted that if blue is anything on this earth, it is abundant.’

This time, Danny allowed himself to sob. Tears were falling on the pages. Every time he wiped his eyes, fresh tears fell, abundant as blue. Abundant as the possibilities he had felt when he would wake up next to Alex, when Alex would make him tea, when Alex would rest his head on Danny’s back, sighing with relief or pleasure, when Alex would grin at some crap joke Danny told. And still, these things were abundant, blue was abundant. That’s what hurt. Danny saw these possibilities everywhere he went. He felt them in his body, in his memory, in his fantasies. What did these possibilities do? What is the function of this abundance?

Danny turns to the last page. For now, he cannot stomach the middle. This walking, this manic grief like air and stone. The book has an end. It has a last sentence: ‘When I was alive, I aimed to be a student not of longing but of light.’

There will be more tears, more walks, more grief festering and blooming, more blue like truth, blue like beauty, blue like light.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoY5iHnIbI[/youtube]
The Moons - Jennifer (Sits Alone) Official Video HD
Published on Sep 12, 2012
www.themoons.co.uk

Location - Skoob Books in Russell Square, London.
Voted best bookshop in London by Timeout 2010.

Notes:
The book Danny finds is Bluets by Maggie Nelson. It is a book of poetry, in which Nelson talks about her love and obsession with the color blue, but it also so much more. The motif of blue in the series is very important to me, and I think very important to the series. Once I watched the fourth episode, I knew I wanted to discuss the series in terms of Nelson's book. This is the first time I've ever tried something like this (and I mean I am pretty new to writing fic). I really would love to know your thoughts. Thank you for sticking with it, and for reading my fics. I really appreciate it :)

Also, I imagined Danny in Skoob Books. It seems like a bookstore that would suit him.

This fic is also posted on my tumblr: http://onlybluecould.tumblr.com/post/136163113746/walking-a-london-spy-fic

I haven't tagged this as a Danny Holt/Alex Turner relationship because I am very much against the 'Alistair 'Alex' Turner' tag. Alex chose the name Alex. He hated the name Alistair. The least we can do is honor those wishes. This may reduce the hits I get on this fic, but so be it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:48:32 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"