615,356 Posts in 14,785 Topics by 2,758 Residents
Latest Member: Ungazintonat
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 12:37:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: S.O.S. Christmas gifts 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: S.O.S. Christmas gifts  (Read 3717 times)
Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

"Tom Cody. Pleased to meet ya."

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 04:41:45 pm »

Last night my friend Phil, the one who organized the Radio City trip, made the logical suggestion--though my one-track mind would never have thought of it--to give small jars of honey along with the beeswax candles, so that's what I'll be doing. I went to market and bought each coworker a beeswax candle in a jar (apple-cinnamon scent) and a small jar of honey.

At the market, one of the areas ordinarily given over to seating for people who buy food to eat at the many food vendors is presently occupied by an enormous O-scale operating toy train display!  Cheesy

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.
Penthesilea
Town Administration

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 05:40:30 am »

Last night my friend Phil, the one who organized the Radio City trip, made the logical suggestion--though my one-track mind would never have thought of it--to give small jars of honey along with the beeswax candles, so that's what I'll be doing. I went to market and bought each coworker a beeswax candle in a jar (apple-cinnamon scent) and a small jar of honey.

Ha! Good idea. Why didn't we think of that? Kudos to Phil.

At the market, one of the areas ordinarily given over to seating for people who buy food to eat at the many food vendors is presently occupied by an enormous O-scale operating toy train display!  Cheesy

I just visited the Philadelphia Christmas Village website in search of a photo of the train. Didn't find one, but I have to say it really looks very German. Often it's funny what is sold as 'typical German' in the US. But Philly apparently got it right! Smiley

Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

"Tom Cody. Pleased to meet ya."

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 05:38:46 pm »

I just visited the Philadelphia Christmas Village website in search of a photo of the train. Didn't find one, but I have to say it really looks very German. Often it's funny what is sold as 'typical German' in the US. But Philly apparently got it right! Smiley

The toy train display isn't in the Christmas Village. It's in Reading Terminal Farmers' Market.

I believe maybe a German Kristkindlmarkt (sp?) was the inspiration for the city's Christmas Village. I go by it almost every day going to and from my job, so you'd think I'd find time to explore it, but so far, no.  Undecided

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: S.O.S. Christmas gifts « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.