Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 779682 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Hmmm. I think I need to see if I can download some of those photos of Armie Hammer.  :laugh:  I know a lot of people don't like "scruff," or beards of any kind, but in these pics I think they make him look more mature and less like a pretty-boy.

Jeff, just in case you didn't see the Scruff Gallery above in the thread--here it is below:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They have no mercy...

5:05 PM - 28 Sep 2017

#ArmieHammer #CallMeByYourName #cmbyn #outmagazine

And--the server's down!!
The internet is broken!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Art of Seduction:
Armie Hammer & the Hottest Movie of the Season
"I KNOW THAT I WILL CARRY THE EXPERIENCE OF MAKING THIS MOVIE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
I DON’T WANT TO SAY MOVIES CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT IF WE CAN CHANGE ONE PERSON’S
PERSPECTIVE, WE CAN CHANGE THAT PERSON’S WORLD.
"

Armie Hammer on Call Me by Your Name

The Art of Seduction:
Armie Hammer & the Hottest Movie of the Season
"I KNOW THAT I WILL CARRY THE EXPERIENCE OF MAKING THIS MOVIE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
I DON’T WANT TO SAY MOVIES CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT IF WE CAN CHANGE ONE PERSON’S
PERSPECTIVE, WE CAN CHANGE THAT PERSON’S WORLD.
"

Armie Hammer on Call Me by Your Name

Star Armie Hammer,
director Luca Guadagnino & novelist André Aciman on
Call Me by Your Name 's passionate road
to the screen.

BY AARON HICKLIN
WED, 2017-10-04 07:12

Is there a sexier book than Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman’s 2007 paean to eros awoken during a sultry, sensuous Italian summer? “This novel is hot,” wrote Stacey D’Erasmo in the first line of her review for The New York Times, echoing the sentiments of the book’s legions of fans for whom it quickly became a touchstone of adolescent gay longing with a satisfying twist—one often denied in our coming-out narratives: Desire is rewarded; hunger is sated. Boy gets boy. In the novel’s most famous scene, boy also gets peach—a kind of dry run for what the narrator, Elio Perlman, fantasizes about doing with Oliver, a research assistant staying at his family’s summer villa on the Italian Riviera.

That scene, which plays out across several pages with potent intensity, almost didn’t make it into the novel. Aciman thought about cutting it, then left it to his editor to decide. Something similar happened after Luca Guadagnino, best known for exquisite meditations on passions both thwarted and unbridled in movies like I Am Love, signed on to direct the movie. “I was tempted to remove it from the script,” he confesses. “In the book, it is so strong and explicit that I thought it was a metaphor, something that couldn’t exist in real life.” Although he ultimately decided it would be coy to delete the scene, Guadagnino grappled with how to depict it. “I was struggling with the possibility that you can masturbate yourself with such a fruit,” he explains. “So I grabbed a peach and I tried, and I have to say—it works.” It wasn’t only Guadagnino who needed to understand the mechanics of making love to a piece of fruit. “I went to Timothée [Chalamet, who plays Elio], and said, ‘We shoot the scene, because I tried it and it worked.’ And he said, ‘I tried, too, and I already knew it worked.’ ”

Funny as the anecdote is, it also illuminates the way in which Guadagnino engages with his actors. After all, this isn’t American Pie, and the scene with the peach feels as naked and vulnerable as cinema gets, and as drenched in symbolism as a Renaissance painting. “I’ve never been so intimately involved with a director before,” says Armie Hammer, who plays Oliver, the all-American object of Elio’s fantasies. “Luca was able to look at me and completely undress me. He knew every single one of my insecurities, every time I needed to be pushed, and when I needed to be protected.” It was a rare experience for the actor, who had wanted to work with Guadagnino for many years. “I probably fell in love with Luca the same way Elio fell in love with [my character] Oliver,” he says. “I looked at him with amazement.” The feeling was mutual. “I fell in love with Armie when I saw him in The Social Network,” says Guadagnino, who has a buoyant, infectious energy. “And then I had the privilege of meeting him, and I fell in love again. And I’ve never recovered from falling in love with him.”

and etc.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Jeff, just in case you didn't see the Scruff Gallery above in the thread--here it is below:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I did see them. That's why I mentioned it.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
Yes, I did see them. That's why I mentioned it.  ;D

Well--have fun google-imaging Armie-Scruff!   :D

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
[youtube=999,539]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4grnewqeCk[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4grnewqeCk
Yet another great clip I've
only now noticed and
have finally posted!  :D
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME  (2017)
"Many Latin words are derived from the Greek. In the case of 'apricot,' however, it's the other way around;
the Greek takes over from Latin. The Latin word was praecoquum, from pre-coquere, pre-cook,
to ripen early, as in 'precocious,' meaning premature. The Byzantines borrowed praecox, and it
became prekokkia  or berikokki, which is finally how the Arabs must have inherited it as al-birquq."

Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet,
Michael Stuhlbarg and Amira Casar

Social News XYZ
Published on Nov 17, 2017

It's the summer of 1983, and precocious 17-year-old Elio Perlman is spending the days with his family at their 17th-century villa in Lombardy, Italy. He soon meets Oliver, a handsome doctoral student who's working as an intern for Elio's father. Amid the sun-drenched splendor of their surroundings, Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.

Oliver is the latest in a string of annual research assistants joining Professor Perlman (Michael Stuhlbarg) at his family’s fabulous summer villa. Elio’s father is an archaeologist/art historian, and his French mother (Amira Casar) recites German poetry, translating it on the fly as the two men in her life cuddle up with her on the couch. For fun Elio transcribes classical piano scores, which he can also transpose to guitar. The Perlman family is one that can slip a reference to Heidegger into conversation and no one will bat an eye.

It’s a world where the broad-shouldered, blond Oliver fits in nicely. He savagely owns Professor Perlman with his mad etymology skills, breaking down the word “apricot” to its Latin, Greek and Arabic roots. His half-unbuttoned shirt reveals a Star of David necklace, which catches 17-year-old Elio by surprise. (Elio later explains that his mother considers the Perlmans “Jews of discretion” in the sleepy northern Italian vacation village.) At first Elio is annoyed by Oliver, but quickly becomes infatuated. How Oliver feels about Elio is more of a mystery, but as the days and nights continue (so many meals outside! And dancing to the Psychedelic Furs!) the invitations to “go for a swim” eventually turn intimate.

"It's a long story, so bear with me, Pro." Suddenly Oliver had become serious. "Many Latin words are derived from the Greek. In the case of 'apricot,' however, it's the other way around; the Greek takes over from Latin. The Latin word was praecoquum, from pre-coquere, pre-cook, to ripen early, as in 'precocious,' meaning premature.

"The Byzantines borrowed praecox, and it became prekokkia  or berikokki, which is finally how the Arabs must have inherited it as al-birquq."

My mother, unable to resist his charm, reached out to him and tousled his hair and said, "Che muvi star!"
"He is right, there is no denying it," said my father under his breath, as though mimicking the part of a cowered Galileo forced to mutter the truth to himself.

"Courtesy of Philology 101," said Oliver.
All I kept thinking of was apricock precock, precock apricock.

One day I saw Oliver sharing the same ladder with the gardener, trying to learn all he could about Anchise's grafts, which explained why our apricots were larger, fleshier, juicier than most apricots in the region. He became fascinated with the grafts, especially when we discovered that the gardener could spend hours sharing everything he knew about them with anyone who cared to ask.

Call Me By Your Name  by André Aciman
Recited/Narrated by Armie Hammer

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:37:00 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFAN
https://www.garow.me/users/erkinaken/4225893710

my thoughts only
going nowhere

by @erkinaken

I watched it...finally ✌️Beautiful and delicate...
Everything fell into the right place for me.
Gonna go watch it again

Wonderful @tchalamet and @armiehammer

CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFAN by @erkinaken

https://www.garow.me/users/erkinaken/4225893710

2017/12/05 06:45:19

#CMBYN   #CallMeByYourName   #callmebyyournamemovie
#paristheatre #newyork #newyorkcity #nyc #movie #theater
#takenbyme #📷  @chadmeihuizen  2017/12/05 05:43:06  👌...
#elio perlman #Elio #Oliver  #laterpeaches  #🍑
#timothée chalamet  #armie hammer  #luca guadagnino  #andré aciman
#film  #movie  #sonyclassics   #lgbt

my thoughts only
going nowhere

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
https://www.goldenglobes.com/

Golden Globe Nominees 2018
https://www.goldenglobes.com/

NOMINEE
Best Motion Picture, Drama:
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME

NOMINEE
Best Performance by an Actor
in a Motion Picture - Drama:

Timothée Chalamet,
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME

NOMINEE
Best Performance by an Actor
in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture:

Armie Hammer,
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME

"Camping Out"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Congrats to all!

But, Sufjan was robbed!!!

Best Original Song – Motion Picture
"Home," Ferdinand
"Mighty River," Mudbound
"Remember Me," Coco
"The Star," The Star
"This Is Me," The Greatest Showman

• BetterMost Supporter!
Congrats to all!

But, Sufjan was robbed!!!

Best Original Song – Motion Picture
"Home," Ferdinand
"Mighty River," Mudbound
"Remember Me," Coco
"The Star," The Star
"This Is Me," The Greatest Showman

I know!!!   :P :P :P

Of course  it should have gone to:

[youtube=800,472]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCsyocpQyok[/youtube]
FULL LENGTH    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCsyocpQyok    WITH LYRICS
Whew! At long last!
From soundtrack, not screening.
As before, top image from
Baia Jamaica, Sirmione,
Lago di Garda.

Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love
Call Me by Your Name
Soundtrack released November 3 2017

Jonathan Leo
Published on Nov 3, 2017

But I also love:

[youtube=1100,650]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiBUIwzN6FA[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiBUIwzN6FA
The very last
moments of the movie--

Sufjan Stevens - Visions of Gideon
Call Me by Your Name
Soundtrack released November 3 2017

Jonathan Yule
Published on Nov 3, 2017

Oh well! We'll see what happens with the Oscars!    :P :P :P

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
 Peter Spears
                                       @pjspears

1:23 PM - 11 Dec 2017
373 Retweets 1,228  Likes

https://twitter.com/pjspears?lang=en&lang=en
https://twitter.com/pjspears/status/940331330176454656

10 yrs ago we set out to make the movie we needed when we were growing up, a great cinematic romance that challenged conventions and proved that love is love- that the magic, beauty and mystery of first love is something shared by all. Thank you for recognizing that today, HFPA.

"Camping Out"