Author Topic: so bright. new observation of first tent scene.  (Read 8908 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
so bright. new observation of first tent scene.
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:36:59 am »
I'm watching the dvd on my PowerBook, and it's so bright. Even the Arclight projection isn't as bright. I can see the details of the first tent scene quite well. I've never noticed before that Jack has his right hand holding Ennis's the entire time. For some reason, that physical connection is significant to me. Besides the sex, Jacks still wants a tender intimacy in holding Ennis's hand. And I can finally see his facial expressions, in that scene.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: so bright. new observation of first tent scene.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:41:34 am »
N, I'm only here for a BRIEF time, but I'm really looking forward to gettin' my DVD for exactly this reason: the theaters were always TOO DARK during this scene!
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:47:34 am »
UGH mine hasn't come yet.
Can't read any of these threads.
Gotta wait.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:55:54 am »
I'm watching the dvd on my PowerBook, and it's so bright. Even the Arclight projection isn't as bright. I can see the details of the first tent scene quite well. I've never noticed before that Jack has his right hand holding Ennis's the entire time. For some reason, that physical connection is significant to me. Besides the sex, Jacks still wants a tender intimacy in holding Ennis's hand. And I can finally see his facial expressions, in that scene.

Oh god... more details please!! MORE!!  I've got one good photo that tent scene from my Oscars booklet that I bought on eBay - just kills me the way the guys just stare into each others eyes.. there's almost a fear on jack's face and this confusion on Ennis's..  I never noticed that he was holding Ennis's hand though?!?!?  I had sort of figured he was just putting Ennis's hand back on you-know-where..  :-[
Chut up!

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:05:34 am »
Where Sheyne?

:angel:
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 02:16:29 am »
Lol Paul.....yes Sheyne, tell us where you were referring to, because I just can't figure it out!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:28:02 am »

Errrr.. *blush*  gosh... *fumbles with hair nervously*

Uhmm... *stutter...splutter*

Gee...

ON HIS BELLY BUTTON WHERE THE SCHMICK DO YA THINK!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Chut up!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 03:32:01 am »
*still pondering as to where Sheyne is referring to*  :P

I noticed that too starboard, and I LOVED it! I just love his facial expressions

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 05:23:30 am »

The theater I saw in the very first time was state of the art and we could see everything!  The way Jack holds on to Ennis, the way Ennis yearns toward Jack even when he's saying what are you doing...both their facial expressions, the way Jack beats the floor of the tent, and that lovely symphony of sighs and moans..my god that scene is hot! and yet you never actually see a thing...it's all very deftly implied so that you KNOW what you've seen.  Brillantly conceived, directed and ACTED!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:42 am »

I hear ya, Victoria..

BTW, has anybody else noticed the way Ennis collapses onto Jack's back, just before they cut to Jack pounding on the floor and then he collapses on him again, just before it cuts to the exterior of the tent??

kills me... every time...
Chut up!