Author Topic: Celebrating Halloween  (Read 23567 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Celebrating Halloween
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 03:46:15 pm »
I have a cute little black cat statuette that is dancing on a pumpkin. It was given to me by R. It was in the collection of his wife who died 10 years ago. He also gave me her Tarot cards, but I don't use them.

Looks like 2020 will be the year to celebrate Halloween! This year, things are scary enough on a daily basis.  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 07:26:08 pm »
Happy Halloween!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 07:30:40 pm »
Had a pretty active few days before Halloween.

I had two parties to go to on Saturday, and I baked a bunch of stromboli for them.  I didn't get home until about 1am.   Then on Monday I had a Halloween luncheon that was work related, in NYC.  I made stomboli for that.

Then on Tuesday I had my bowling league's Halloween party.  They asked people to bring food, so (of course) I made stromboli.

I went to all the parties (except the work one) dressed as the Heat Miser.

Tonight is Halloween, and I'm relaxing at home, watching a "Halloween" marathon on the AMC network.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 05:13:24 pm »
You should have dressed up as a stromboli!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 02:22:59 pm »

Well, it's almost time to start getting ready for Halloween.

Given that we are living with Covid-19, I'm not sure if anything will be happening.   I know a lot of people are upset, as this year Halloween falls on Saturday, it's a full moon, it's a blue moon and it's the night that we turn the clocks back.

I have not put up any Halloween stuff yet, it's too soon, but I did take the stuff out of storage, and have it ready to go in my living room.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 02:25:17 pm »

I went to a local party store (a mom and pop shop, not Party City) and this store sells vintage Halloween decorations.   I normally don't decorate the door to my apartment, but I saw this things, and remembered them from my childhood, so I got them and will put them on the door.

Does anyone remember these?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 02:25:51 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 04:13:12 pm »
Another forum that I'm a member of started a thread on 10/1 called "The 31 Days and Nights of Halloween", and those who participate are to watch 31 horror movies during the month of October.

They can be from any year, and you have to keep a running tally posted.

I'm participating, and this is what I've seen so far,  including today's entry, which has a description.   If the movie has a date by it in parenthesis, that means that there was a remake, and the date specifies which version I've seen.

01.  Friday the 13th  (1980)
02.  Friday the 13th Part II
03.  Friday the 13th Part III
04.  Friday the 13th Part IV (The Final Chapter)
05.  Friday the 13th Part V (A New Begining)
06.  Friday the 13th Part VI  (Jason Lives)
07.  Amityville Horror (1979)
08.  The Conjuring
09.  Insidious
10.  The Exorcist
11.  The Shining
12.  The Crazies (2010)
13.  Trick R Treat
14.  Ghost Ship
15.  13 Ghosts
16.  House on Haunted Hill
17.  The Changeling
18.  Pumpkinhead
19.  Nightmare on Elm Street
20.  Oculus
21.  Final Destination
22.  Final Destination 2
23.  Final Destination 3

24.  Annabelle   In Santa Monica, California, John Form, a doctor, presents his expectant wife Mia with a rare vintage porcelain doll as a gift for their first child to be placed in a collection of dolls in their daughter's nursery.

That night, the couple is disturbed by the sounds of their next door neighbors, the Higgins, being murdered during a home invasion. While Mia calls the police, she and John are attacked by the Higgins' killers. The police arrive and shoot one killer, a man, dead while the female killer commits suicide by slitting her throat inside the nursery while holding the doll. News reports identify the assailants as the Higgins' estranged daughter, Annabelle, and her unidentified boyfriend, both members of a cult.

In the days following the attack, a series of paranormal activities occurs around the Forms' residence. Afterwards, Mia gives birth to a healthy baby girl. She and John name their child Leah. The family rents an apartment in Pasadena and, after finding the doll that John had discarded since Annabelle's previous attack in one of their boxes, another set of paranormal events plagues Mia and her daughter. The next night Mia is haunted by a malevolent presence in her apartment. She believes it to be Annabelle's ghost after she encounters an enigmatic figure in the building's basement, who begins pursuing her.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 04:19:13 pm »
I wonder why the Blair Witch Project isn't on the list. It's the scariest movie I've ever seen!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:03 pm »
I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.  LOL  It may still make my list!