Author Topic: Celebrating Halloween  (Read 23587 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Celebrating Halloween
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 11:42:19 am »
Good suggestion. I have a couple of pumpkins that I grew myself. And I looked for the pumpkin spice latte drink at the store but I couldn't find any. They may be sold out.

There's a different holiday where the grandchildren dress up in costumes and have a party at the church. It's called Purim and takes place in March. And the children wear costumes all the time...there's a rack in their playroom full of armor, tunics, and tutus. They get candy occasionally and treats such as popcorn and ice cream.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 01:41:24 pm »
There's a different holiday where the grandchildren dress up in costumes and have a party at the church. It's called Purim and takes place in March. And the children wear costumes all the time...there's a rack in their playroom full of armor, tunics, and tutus. They get candy occasionally and treats such as popcorn and ice cream.

Yes, I'm familiar with Purim. But I thought your daughter and son-in-law were leaving their church. Did they change their minds?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2021, 02:09:55 pm »
Yes, they left that church and are now at a different church but the same faith.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2021, 03:18:51 pm »
Yes, they left that church and are now at a different church but the same faith.

Ah. I see.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2021, 04:58:27 pm »
People are talking about the "thinning of the veil" between the spirit world and the everyday world. I don't know much about that and have dragged out my Celtic books to find out more.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2021, 11:15:14 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2021, 07:04:53 pm »
Around here there were some Halloweeners (Halloweenies?) out in costume last night. I was told some were out Friday night as well, including a group that came as the Jetsons, complete with Rosie the Robot Maid. I was told the costumes were very good.  ;D

I thought briefly about going out in costume, but I was concerned there wouldn't be but a handful of other people dressed.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »
3 more hours left to Halloween.  Spent the day watching scary movies.   Then, on to Thanksgiving.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2021, 11:46:36 am »
No scary movies for me! The real world is quite scary enough, thank you.

Woke up this morning to a flurry of white feathers in the chicken coop and no chickens. The score now stands at raccoons: 7, Lee: 2. I had some experts trap and relocate two big raccoons, but there are still some around, it appears. I pinned the hardware cloth to the ground every 6 to 8 inches, but they still got inside.  :'(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2021, 03:36:00 pm »
I forgot to watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown last night.  :(  Good thing I'd already seen it on PBS.