Author Topic: Luca Guadagnino's new HBO series 'We Are Who We Are' starts production this May  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

https://www.queerty.com/call-name-director-creates-provocative-homoerotic-new-show-hbo-20190228

Pipeline
Luca Guadagnino
Call Me by Your Name
director creates provocative, homoerotic
new show for HBO

by David Reddish
Thursday 28 February 2019

Fresh off the success of Call Me By Your Name  and the acclaimed Suspiria  remake, director Luca Guadagnino has inked a deal with HBO to create and direct a new miniseries.

The new show, written with writers Paolo Giordano and Francesca Manieri, bears the tentative title We Are Who We Are, and like Call Me By Your Name, the plot tells a love story set against an Italian backdrop. We Are Who We Are  follows American teenager Frasier Wilson who gets relocated to a military base in Italy courtesy of his army Colonel mom, and her wife. There, he befriends another teen named Caitlin. Gossip around the base speculates that Frasier and Caitlin have fallen in love, but the young American has a secret: he actually pines for his friend Mark back in New York, and also develops a romantic connection with a soldier named Jason.

Much in the same way Call Me By Your Name  examined first love and coming-of-age over a summer, We Are Who We Are  will create a story of youthful self-exploration and personal growth.

The series heads into production this May, with a release date set for 2020. Guadagnino also still plans to direct the sequel to Call Me By Your Name  which will reunite Armie Hammer and Timothee Chalamet, tracing the evolution of their relationship five years after the original film takes place.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
A very busy man! And with good reason! Odd, though, that Suspira didn't seem to even play in my town. Did anyone see it?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I never seem to remember to check the listings for HBO.  :(  I think I would be interested in watching this series.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.