Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread  (Read 40853 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 01:07:38 pm »
I love Jacks crooked smile. The way his lips draw up to the right.

I love how he ropes Ennis when it's time to leave and how he tries to calm Ennis down when he realizes Ennis is angry during the fight scene.

I love how he gently takes Ennis hat away in the 2nd tent scene.

I love how he looks at Ennis as he rides away after the Dozy Embrace.

Aw hell, I just love Jack! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

mvansand76

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »
I LOVE JACK FOR BEING JACK!!!!!!!!

:D

moremojo

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2007, 06:33:15 pm »
I'm not sure exactly where this post belongs (mods, feel free to advise), but as this is a Jack thread, I thought it might be germane here. The following URL provides the link to a photograph of Prince Lennart of Sweden with his father Prince Wilhelm (Prince Wilhelm is at the right). Prince Lennart here really reminds me of young Jack Twist (Annie's Jack, not the movie's), though Jack at this age would not have been quite old enough to have been entrusted with sheepherding on a mountain (with its accompanying adventures). I think it's the far-off, dreamy expression on the Prince's face that helps bring Jack to mind:

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs3/wilhelmsweden1884-15.jpg

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2007, 06:56:10 pm »
I'm not sure exactly where this post belongs (mods, feel free to advise), but as this is a Jack thread, I thought it might be germane here. The following URL provides the link to a photograph of Prince Lennart of Sweden with his father Prince Wilhelm (Prince Wilhelm is at the right). Prince Lennart here really reminds me of young Jack Twist (Annie's Jack, not the movie's), though Jack at this age would not have been quite old enough to have been entrusted with sheepherding on a mountain (with its accompanying adventures). I think it's the far-off, dreamy expression on the Prince's face that helps bring Jack to mind:

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs3/wilhelmsweden1884-15.jpg

Ya know, oddly enough I think you are right! :)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2007, 01:36:55 pm »
I love Jack "for he loved a little dog"

I also love Jack outside the Charity Dance sittin on the bench all dressed in black! He's such a hottie!

OH! How could I forget!!! I LOVE the way Jack leans on his Truck in the begining in front of Agurries trailer.
Damn he looks so sexy there. He looks down and mouths somthing to himself. Does anyone know what he says?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:14:27 pm by loneleeb3 »

mvansand76

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2007, 03:51:32 pm »

I also love Jack outside the Charity Dance sittin on the bench all dressed in black! He's such a hottie!

OH! How could I forget!!! I LOVE the way Jack leans on his Truck in the begining in front of Agurries trailer.
Damn he looks so sexy there. He looks down and mouths somthing to himself. Does anyone know what he says?

*Swoons* Oh I agree, that leaning on the truck is a classic scene, he is so devilishly sexy here, my sister and I were gasping the first time we saw the movie!

That's what I love about Jack too, he is so sweet and almost naive in how sees the world, but on the other hand he has this almost devil-like sexiness about him... Mmmm... the perfect combo in a man...

:D

moremojo

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2007, 03:55:05 pm »
Lee, this line from Annie's original story was the inspiration for my very first Brokeback-related haiku:

Little dog in coat
Gray-white sheep seeking mountain
Blue boy seeking love

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2007, 04:00:22 pm »
Lee, this line from Annie's original story was the inspiration for my very first Brokeback-related haiku:

Little dog in coat
Gray-white sheep seeking mountain
Blue boy seeking love

Wow Scott!
That's great!
So few words but it says so much!

RodneyFL

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2007, 08:34:48 pm »
I LOVE JACK when he gives Ennis the quizzical look and tells him that he doesn't know what the Pentecost is, after practically screaming "Water Walking Jesus." 

And I LOVE JACK when he practically growls at Ennis, offering him another shot of whiskey after Ennis tells him that he hasn't yet had the opportunity to be a sinner.  BTW, an early version of the screenplay actually has Ennis say that Alma hasn't yet given him the opportunity to be a sinner.  I prefer the final version that makes no reference at all to Alma.  Thank YEEOOOOU!

mvansand76

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2007, 05:02:52 am »
I LOVE JACK when he gives Ennis the quizzical look and tells him that he doesn't know what the Pentecost is, after practically screaming "Water Walking Jesus." 

And I LOVE JACK when he practically growls at Ennis, offering him another shot of whiskey after Ennis tells him that he hasn't yet had the opportunity to be a sinner.  BTW, an early version of the screenplay actually has Ennis say that Alma hasn't yet given him the opportunity to be a sinner.  I prefer the final version that makes no reference at all to Alma.  Thank YEEOOOOU!

I didn't know that! I love that line too, and the expression on Jack's face, he doesn't even try to hide it!  :laugh: