Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 131168 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 08:19:03 pm »
Beatrice....we love teasers! Please feel free to treat us, every week.

Happy Halloween!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 08:35:19 pm »
Oh yes, teasers are very good.

Has it been a week since the last update? Where is the time going?

Looking forward to the next chapter, am really enjoying your story, your style is very original and I love your Jack (and his inner voice).

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 08:56:04 pm »

Every scene in which Ennis is naked, I think of those tattoos, and Jack touching them!

:o

I have to admit I'd forgotten about those handcuffs...in the last chapter being somewhat distracted by the real thing!!

But hey....Chapter 20 is looking to have some Bottom!Table!Ennis in it *she says hopefully*  :)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 08:28:11 pm »
THANKS for posting this thread, Rbygivens.  :) I not only took a curious peek at TE by Beatriceorme, I've read it through ch. 19 !!  The tone of this reminds me of Conjugating Jake: sexy, romantic AND funny - my favorite combination. I love Jack's inner thoughts AND his fantasies AND the screaming orgasms AND ... pretty much everything... THANKS!
  ::)   coffeecat33 aka Leslie

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 04:29:08 am »
Here's the next chapter!

Enjoy!

B

Chapter Twenty
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:39:49 am »

But hey....Chapter 20 is looking to have some Bottom!Table!Ennis in it *she says hopefully*  :)

Helen, you are insane!  Everywhere you go you beg for Bottom!Ennis.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:16 am »
I especially like how Ennis is so clearly characterized in his dialogue.  I am totally digging Law Enforcement!Ennis!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 02:05:11 pm »
Here I was the one that started this thread and I haven't been around to read or comment. RL rearing its ugly head again. Modem struck by lightening and now I'm forced to use the internet at the public library until I can afford a new one. :(

Yeah to all those who are reading this fantastic story! And welcome to all the new ones, too! I know you will love Sgt. Del Mar and PD Twist, and Beatrice's sharp and humorous style of writing.

Just a few little notes -

Louise - I agree! Ooooo! Those handcuffs. Not to mention what body part they're decorating.

Helen - Hmmm...bottom Ennis. I don't know...but I guess any time with naked Jack and Ennis is worth while! :)

Beatrice - THANK YOU!!!! I look forward to Wednesdays each and every week. Haven't read yesterday chapter, but LowerMahattan is my next stop! Can't wait!

Another little note here of a personal nature - As a health care professional, I truly appreciate the way you handled Jack's possible HIV infection. His immediate testing, the three month follow-up and his insistance that they wait until the final six month results. Responsible and intellegent. (And their constant use of condoms and non-petroluem lubricant, too) Knowledgeable people (which, as a police officer, Ennis would be, and Jack, his sexual orientation out in the open, also) understand that this deadly disease is transmitted through bodily fluids, which, of course, includes semen, and any ingestion would expose the receipant to the virus. All it takes is one time, one weak moment, one incident of unprotected sex - either oral or anal - and it's a death sentence.

The way you fit this modern scourge into your story, without compromising either plot, characters or credibility, should be applauded. Thanks again.

Off to read Chapter 20!!!! :) :) :) :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 06:56:36 pm »
Rby I have to agree with you. I actually enlisted some professional assistance with getting the details on the rise of the AIDS epidemic for my own story, because you cannot write a fic in the present time, or move into the "AIDS era" of the early 1980's without facing it.  I was getting out of college at the time the epidemic rose and knew little about it, and I needed a full education in order to write what I have about AIDS and the gay community.  And Beatrice definitely has done her homework here!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 09:58:20 am »
Another little note here of a personal nature - As a health care professional, I truly appreciate the way you handled Jack's possible HIV infection. His immediate testing, the three month follow-up and his insistance that they wait until the final six month results. Responsible and intellegent. (And their constant use of condoms and non-petroluem lubricant, too) Knowledgeable people (which, as a police officer, Ennis would be, and Jack, his sexual orientation out in the open, also) understand that this deadly disease is transmitted through bodily fluids, which, of course, includes semen, and any ingestion would expose the receipant to the virus. All it takes is one time, one weak moment, one incident of unprotected sex - either oral or anal - and it's a death sentence.

The way you fit this modern scourge into your story, without compromising either plot, characters or credibility, should be applauded. Thanks again.

Rby,

I have lost too many friends to AIDS related diseases to take the subject lightly. As Louise said, any story set in the now needs to address it and do so in an informed and responsible manner. Also, goes to creating real characters to have Jack and Ennis aware and acting accordingly.

I'm a reasearch fiend. Don't know a particular detail? I spend hours making sure to educate myself. My readers deserve nothing less.

Thank you! For your kind words and enthusiasm! Makes me smile like an idiot!

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 20!

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.