Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 131500 times)

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 12:22:57 am »
Very short teaser tonight. Well, compared to last week's that is.

“Trauma Four?” Where’s Jack? The question was tossed out there to the scrubs ebb and flow as he ran, Doc Martins squealing and sliding – “Trauma Four?” Where’s my Jack? – twisting and turning and spinning along the buffed to an eye squinting sheen linoleum, passing room after room – file, medication, supply -  no luck, no peace, no Jack – “Where’s Trauma Room Four?” – asking person after person - looking for answers, searching for explanations, begging for comfort - I’m coming, Jack! I’m coming! "Trauma Four? Trauma Four?"

Modern medical science only had time for a general ‘That way’ wave as it scurried off to perform another miracle. Ennis' thanks was just as demonstrative.

Jack was shot, and he was alone. Jack was shot, and he needed help. Jack was shot, and I wasn't there.

Nurse's station, unisex rest room, bereavement area and Ennis was still running.

Jack was shot because I couldn't protect him. Jack was shot because I failed. Jack was shot -

Laundry, water fountain, housekeeping closet.

- and I can't even find him!

"Where the fuck is Trauma Room Four?"

"Ennis? What on earth are you doing here?"

As much as it pains me to say this, #33 will not be up tomorrow. Saturday/Sunday, yes, Wednesday, no. Sorry.

B

"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 01:47:37 pm »
Hey, how did I miss this? 

Where’s my Jack? –

Love that possessive pronoun!   Thanks for the teaser, B!  Saturday/Sunday - whatever!  We'll be here!

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 04:24:37 pm »

I AM SO SORRY;  I hope you are doing well, and real life is just" a bitch of
an unsatisfactory situation." We all have times like that, and i hope yours
is resolved sooner rather than later..Just to know we are all waiting and
loving what you do.  See you when you can make it...  Janice

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 05:54:07 pm »
I have to admit that until now I have had a hard time really following this story at times! Made me feel stupid at times because I didn't seem to understand what was going on in some chapters.....but..... it's so worth it because I so love your style of writing Beatrice, it's so funny and your Jack is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming! The dialogue is some of the best I have ever read.

So I have decided that I am going to wait until the story is finished, then print it and read it in one go! Will you provide me with a TE-manual (including a glossary and timeline)?

:D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 02:40:29 am »
I have to admit that until now I have had a hard time really following this story at times! Made me feel stupid at times because I didn't seem to understand what was going on in some chapters.....but..... it's so worth it because I so love your style of writing Beatrice, it's so funny and your Jack is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming! The dialogue is some of the best I have ever read.

So I have decided that I am going to wait until the story is finished, then print it and read it in one go! Will you provide me with a TE-manual (including a glossary and timeline)?

I know exactly what you mean Mel. I sometimes feel i should be a New Yorker to understand all the references etc. But it really helps to have it on paper and reread (which is not a bad thing alltogether  ::)). Sometimes reading the comments is helpful too. Hey, maybe we can start our on thread to discuss this and do it in dutch so no one knows what kind of 'stupid' questions we have!  :laugh:

You're right though, this story is very good. I like her Jack and Ennis very much.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:34 am »
Hey, maybe we can start our on thread to discuss this and do it in dutch so no one knows what kind of 'stupid' questions we have!  :laugh:

Dat zou geen slecht idee zijn!  :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:37 am »
Dat zou geen slecht idee zijn!  :D

Let me guess....That's a good idea!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:31 am »

Yeah, I'm mighty American. Sometimes too American I've been told, and 100 percent New Yorker. Go figure.

I'm so thrilled you like TE Jack! He is such fun to write - exhausting, too! - and together with NYC Ennis, well, that's just magic. Dialogue is my most favoritist thing to write. Guess it shows. But, I believe, since we read for the characters, why not allow the characters to tell their story? I know they are infinitely more interesting than I.

Please, don't think of any question you might have as stupid. Ask away, and I - or other readers, I'm sure - would be delighted to assist you. Perhaps when the story is completed, which should be by the end of March, I will add a glossary and/or maps to help those not familiar with Big Apple environs.

Thanks so much!

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

mvansand76

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2007, 08:32:11 am »
Yeah, I'm mighty American. Sometimes too American I've been told, and 100 percent New Yorker. Go figure.

I'm so thrilled you like TE Jack! He is such fun to write - exhausting, too! - and together with NYC Ennis, well, that's just magic. Dialogue is my most favoritist thing to write. Guess it shows. But, I believe, since we read for the characters, why not allow the characters to tell their story? I know they are infinitely more interesting than I.

Please, don't think of any question you might have as stupid. Ask away, and I - or other readers, I'm sure - would be delighted to assist you. Perhaps when the story is completed, which should be by the end of March, I will add a glossary and/or maps to help those not familiar with Big Apple environs.

Thanks so much!

B

Oh that would be wonderful!  :) I have been to New York twice, but there's a difference between visiting it and living there! Maybe you can situate your next story in LA, I lived there a few months and I should have no problem reading a story that is situated there!  ;)

Oh yes I love your Jack, he is so lovably sassy, I have no other way to describe him! I can completely picture him through his dialogue!

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 10:02:30 pm »
You can't be too New York.  Some times too American, though. LOL.  ;D I love NYC J&E and the cab drivers, too. I am watching for an update anxiously. I wonder if E used his badge to get into the trauma center, or did Herman help him?

Hopefully the Sarge will make Jack feel better and get Daniel outta there. Too bad, Daniel, you threw Jack away and you can't have him back, so there.