Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 134936 times)

mvansand76

Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:51 pm »
Aww - you're not dumb or crazy, Mel!!  I'm not B - but maybe I can help.  Do you want a kind of synopsis or is there a specific question or questions? 

Marie

I just don't know what happened in this chapter.... at all...  :( So yeah a synopsis would be cool...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2007, 12:52:57 pm »
I'll do my best to try and get to it tonight.  I hope I'm able to help and don't end up making you even more confused - or worse yet - get it completely wrong myself!   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2007, 03:40:25 pm »
I'll do my best to try and get to it tonight.  I hope I'm able to help and don't end up making you even more confused - or worse yet - get it completely wrong myself!   :)

Marie

emmm, can I get one too please? Feeling a bit confused myself... ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:20 pm »
I'll probably do this in two parts - but here goes!

SPOILERS for Chapter 34:

First, this was a very intense, fast-moving chapter and I had to read it a couple of times myself to take it all in – and English is my native tongue!   Second, my apologies to B in advance for anything I'm getting wrong  - but here's may take on Chapter 34:

Okay, the parts written in blue?  Those are the police regulations that Ennis must follow when he's in pursuit of a suspect (the "Game").  So we start off with Ennis identifying himself ("Police") and demanding that the suspect halt ("Freeze") as required by the rules.  Throughout the chase, we keep getting a peek at these regulations as they apply to Ennis's pursuit of Hunnie.  He orders all the innocent bystanders to get back in their rooms and then grabs the first official looking person he sees – a nurse- and shoves her into Jack's room to check on him.  When Ennis is on the stairwell chasing Hunnie, Detective Lee from the NYPD (New York Police Department) finds him.  This will be made clear later on when we get back to Jack's point of view.   Ennis and Lee have a conversation consisting of single words (kind of a police shorthand) wherein Ennis learns that Det. Lee was with Jack when the nurse was shoved in the room, that Jack was "wasted" (high on morphine – which he already knew), that Det. Lee's partner was (supposed to be) with Jack,that Hunnie is suspected of killing nine people and is armed with a gun.  At this point a bullet skims Ennis above the ear  - he's hit and bleeding but not badly injured.  Ennis is a floor behind Hunnie and when he comes out of the stairwell he can't find him

To make matters more complicated, Hunnie is wearing green "scrubs" – scrubs are the loose-fitting pants and tops worn by hospital staff so it's very easy for Hunnie to blend into the crowd.   The security guard tells Ennis that all the exits have been secured , but now Ennis is in a panic knowing that if Hunnie is in green scrubs it will be easy for him to walk right into Jack's room and so he leaves Det. Lee to coordinate with security and he rushes off to Jack. While he's trying to get an elevator, he gets a call from Matt.  Matt is from the computer Forensics department and he is the one that was trying to decode that computer chip that Ennis found (remember back – maybe two or three chapters ago).  Matt has really bad news.  The computer chip contains a program that can by-pass security programs through wireless internet (WIFI) and could literally bring the entire city to a standstill.  Cut off all electricity, phone service, water, transportation systems – everything – all with a laptop computer.  Just at that moment, everything goes dark in the elevator  (Okay – hospitals have emergency generators that will kick into action so the hospital will not be without electricity, etc. - but Ennis needs to get out of that elevator – and from reading B's comments she has said that he will.)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2007, 07:09:22 pm »
SPOILERS Chapter 34:

Okay, the next part is Jack's point of view and we have to jump back iin time a bit.  He's having morphine-induced dreams when a "short skinny guy" comes in, supposedly to check on his IV's  - but right at that moment, Detective Lee and partner enter Jack's room – and the short skinny guy (Hunnie) runs out.  Anytime a hospital treats a gunshot wound, they are required by law to report it to the police – so it looks like Det. Lee and partner are the ones who have been sent to officially question Jack about his shooting.  (Ennis came running to the hospital as Jack's partner – not in his official capacity.)  We are now back at the point where the chapter starts and there is all the commotion in the hallway and Ennis starts chasing Hunnie as he runs out of Jack's room and shoves the nurse into the room to check on Jack.  Now both detectives have run out, (first Lee, when the commotion starts; and then the partner when the nurse says that a police officer is in pursuit of someone) leaving the nurse alone with Jack.  Jacks asks for Jell-O and the nurse leaves to get it.  As soon as that happens, someone steps into the room and wants to talk to Jack about his client, Jesse.  (Now I think it may be Hunnie who has come back into the room – but B is pretty evil and I think she may be playing games - so I'm not sure).  And that's where we are now. 

Oh, yeah - in the middle of Jack's point of view he has some really smoking hot morphine-induced sex fantasies involving, of course, Ennis. There are three of them – one involving a laundry room and a dryer, one involving a two-way mirror, and the third one involves the hood of a Mustang sports car!   ;D

Clear as mud?  Hope that helped - and I hope I got it right!

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2007, 04:26:12 am »
I am dizzy from all the information, Marie!!!!

;D

Thanks for doing this, it makes it all a lot clearer!

:-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2007, 08:05:44 am »
SPOILERS Chapter 34:

Clear as mud?  Hope that helped - and I hope I got it right!

Marie

:laugh:  :laugh:

thanks Marie! I think you've got it right.  I'm rereading the last five chapters. All is becoming clear.. , well sorta  :)

Oh, yeah - in the middle of Jack's point of view he has some really smoking hot morphine-induced sex fantasies involving, of course, Ennis. There are three of them – one involving a laundry room and a dryer, one involving a two-way mirror, and the third one involves the hood of a Mustang sports car!   ;D

Marie

THAT didn't leave me confused!  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2007, 11:52:01 am »
Maybe we could get Bea to post the Mustang hood sex fantasy on the drabble thread, since mustang is a prompt and no one seems to be drabbling today!

I have an excuse, I can't concentrate!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:03 am »
THAT didn't leave me confused!  ;D

Nah, didn't think so - I just like talking about it!!   :laugh:

Maybe we could get Bea to post the Mustang hood sex fantasy on the drabble thread, since mustang is a prompt and no one seems to be drabbling today!

I have an excuse, I can't concentrate!

L

An excellent idea, L!

Marie

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2007, 12:20:33 am »
Not a new chapter, or even a teaser, but I hope this helps to fill the void until next week.

Here's Your Flow Chart

Love youse guys! Enjoy!

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.