Author Topic: Don't Forget To Fall Back!  (Read 5452 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Don't Forget To Fall Back!
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:34:19 pm »
Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday at 2:00 am Eastern Time.

Be sure to change the time on your clocks before you go to bed tonight.

This has been a public service announcement from David, your Bettermost buddy.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Don't Forget To Fall Back!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 03:45:42 pm »

This has been a public service announcement from David, your Bettermost buddy.   :)

This additional hour of sleep is very much aprecciated by me as I have to get up darn early tomorrow morning and drive to Nürnberg to do a radio show. 3.15 am is better than 2.15 am, ain't it?  ;D

I like summertime better, though. Now it'll get dark again before 5 in the afternoon... Wish it was Spring already!  :(   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 03:53:44 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 03:47:40 pm »

Argh... there goes my extra hour before nightfall.

I do my power walking in the late afternoon/early evening, and the rotten daylight shifting means I have to get my butt out the door by 4ish if I want to finish with some light left.  

Beginning in 2007 in the States, DST will start on the second Sunday in March (March 11, 2007), and change back to standard time on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007). Under Section 110 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, the U.S. Department of Energy is required to study the impact of the DST extension no later than nine months after the change takes effect. Congress has retained the right to revert to the DST schedule set in 1986 if it cannot be shown that there are significant energy savings from an extension of DST or if the extension may prove to be unpopular with the American public. One potential issue is that some northern regions on the western edge of time zones will for the first time since the 1974-75 "almost year round" DST experiment have sunrise times that occur after 8am.

I personally am all for this - anything to keep it lighter longer in the afternoon.

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 03:50:18 pm »
I dont think so David. I'm gonna Spring Ahead. I like that better! ;)

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:55:51 pm »
I dont think so David. I'm gonna Spring Ahead. I like that better! ;)

That looks like me when I'm in one of my diva modes.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 03:57:19 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:00:05 pm »
. 3.15 am is better than 2.15 am, ain't it?  ;D

I'm not sure Anke. Both of them sound pretty bad to me.  :P

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:23:31 pm »
Me, I like the falling back.  I like more light in the morning and less at night.  Especially now that I have an almost five-year-old who I have to drag kicking and screaming out of bed at 7:30 a.m. lately because "it's still night time!" and who I have to drag kicking and screaming to bed at 8:00 p.m. because "it's not dark yet!"

However, my husband, Mr. Seasonal-Disaffection-Disorder-Reason-Why-We-Have-To-Live-Down-Here-At-The-Gates-Of-Hell Guy hates this.  He hates having his night-time light taken away from him.  He likes to go running or bicycling in the early evening and that gets a bit dicey in the dark.

I sometimes forget the spring ahead one, I guess because it annoys me so much.  But I'd never forget to fall back.
No more beans!

horo35

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 09:01:07 pm »
Me, I like the falling back.  I like more light in the morning and less at night.  Especially now that I have an almost five-year-old who I have to drag kicking and screaming out of bed at 7:30 a.m. lately because "it's still night time!" and who I have to drag kicking and screaming to bed at 8:00 p.m. because "it's not dark yet!"

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who went through the "parent pain syndrome"!  But try a 3 yr & 5 yr old doin the kickin and screamin bed thing! Argghh! >:( ;)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:30:48 am »
Wow, and I thought I was the only one who went through the "parent pain syndrome"!  But try a 3 yr & 5 yr old doin the kickin and screamin bed thing! Argghh! >:( ;)

No thanks.  Trying to cut down.  ;)

I overheard a co-worker once telling another one who was expecting her second (and the other one is 2) that "you're not really a parent until you have two."  Another friend once told me that having two kids wasn't twice as hard - it was four times as hard.  I guess once you get into the three and four realm, you're outnumbered so you either get really mellow about it or go right off the deep end.  A Mom at Will's preschool is expecting her *fifth*.  Good God.  If you can do it and you're good at it, power to you.  By the way, she and her husband are really, really mellow.
No more beans!