Author Topic: Cats + Jake = ?  (Read 15755 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cats+Jake=?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 10:09:34 pm »

Oh, Yad, you are wonderful.  But my kitty promised me she'd take care of her dingleberries, and we all know how that turned out...  Cat's aren't to be trusted.  Especially where dingleberries are concerned. 

Oh Chanterais -

I have no proper response, but I am laughing and my cat is offended! 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:40:08 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 10:14:24 pm »
LOL :D

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:35 pm »

Oh, Yad, you are wonderful.  But my kitty promised me she'd take care of her dingleberries, and we all know how that turned out...  Cat's aren't to be trusted.  Especially where dingleberries are concerned. 

Oh Court -

I have no proper response, but I am laughing and my cat is offended! 

Waaaaait just one minute....  Are you talking to Court or to Chant?  (By the way, there's just something that makes me laugh about the diminutive 'Chant'.  In my family, 'chunt' is a euphemism for... well, flipping your cookies.  Embracing the porcelain.  Tossing your lunch.  You get the idea.  My brain works like this: I am Chant, therefore I barf.)

Please excuse vomit tangent.  That was entirely inappropriate, and I am very very sorry.

And it's reaaalllllllly hard not to wield the sticky wand with this one.

Oh, Elle.  *Adriana laughs hopelessly, and shakes head fondly*  Now, don't be naughty with the sticky wand.  Indiana David will have to put you over his knee and spank you soundly.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 10:44:13 pm »
OMG Chanterais -

I have been guilty of what I hate when other folks do...misappropriating a quote.  It has been duly noted and changed, and please accept the apology.  I have BBM playing as I type...Chanterais - you need a push or sumpin?

G*d - watching this here at home is brining it all back, but at a totally new level.  Ahhh - back to kitties.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 10:48:58 pm »
Yaad, I think you're excused if you have the ENORMOUS distraction of BBM playing.

And.....cats.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG. When you pick him up behind the front legs he just keeps stretching out. He has wonderfully soft ticked fur with large bulls-eye markings on both sides. He's lovely. Wish I had a digital pic of him to show you guys!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 11:20:40 pm »

Yaad, I think you're excused if you have the ENORMOUS distraction of BBM playing.

Thanks for accepting the excuse.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG.

Growing up I had a kitty name Ziggy - a HUGE 20lb gray striped tabby - so pretty you'd stop and look at him just for the sheer beauty.  And not fat - but huge paws, big gorgeous face, long fluffy tail, and a meow about as loud and strong as a 2-day old kitten.  It was the funniest combination.  To all the kitties I've loved before...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 11:29:52 pm »
Yeah, Max has always had huge paws, even when he could fit in the palm of your hand. That's how we knew he would grow up to be big. It's really funny though, he thinks he's a kitten. He tries to sit in laps, but he's pretty much too big. It's sweet/sad. My parents found him on the side of the road when he was like a couple weeks old, no mother cat in sight. We think it's the trauma of being separated too soon that makes him act all kittenish all the time.

LOL, to a non-cat person that probably sounded crazy. It's true though....

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 11:33:36 pm »

And.....cats.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG. When you pick him up behind the front legs he just keeps stretching out. He has wonderfully soft ticked fur with large bulls-eye markings on both sides. He's lovely. Wish I had a digital pic of him to show you guys!

I wish you had a picture to show, too.  He sounds beautiful.  I don't think I've ever seen a cat with bulls-eye markings.  That sounds nifty.  He needs to be careful around dartboards.

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat.  Having said that, I adore the little fatties.  So much more furry goodness to love.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 11:36:43 pm »
Henry and Simon in action
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:39:25 pm by henrypie »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 11:37:48 pm »
Actually when you look at him he's really rather thin. He just does this crazy stretching thing. He can put his paws up on doorknobs and the kitchen counter. And when he stands, he's like tall or something. Long legs maybe? I don't know, it's weird.