Author Topic: TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories & Short Films  (Read 2252 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 03:17:29 pm »
Has anybody watched Prime's "Red White and Royal Blue"?  It's been hyped all over facebook for over a month. 

I tried to watch it last night, but it was so cringy, i couldn't get past about 30 minutes.  The guy who plays Alex is very amateurish, and Uma Thurman's Texas drawl made me nauseous.

Hello BBP!   Like Jeff said, there has been a lot of talk about it on UBB, but I have not seen it.

If you say it's cringy, I take your word for it.  I still remember our awful "Sherlock Holmes" experience!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

Re: TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories & Short Films
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2023, 09:16:39 pm »

I decided to edit the title of the thread, to include short films, as I've been searching them on YouTube, and found some that I think deserve attention, and would be liked by posters here.

Some of these you may have seen before, but perhaps you may find some new ones.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2023, 09:19:09 pm »
&t=3s

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2023, 09:20:01 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 09:20:42 pm »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 08:45:35 pm »
Luke Macfarlane & Peter Porte to Star in Hallmark's Notes of Autumn

Bernardo Sim - August 18 2023

We?re so ready for a new LGBTQ+ rom-com from Hallmark featuring Luke Macfarlane and Peter Porte!

Today, the Hallmark Channel is announcing a new rom-com titled Notes of Autumn just in time for the fall season. The film features the character of Leo (Macfarlane), a successful author who is experiencing a tough writer?s block. Feeling the pressure to finish the new installment of his popular series of books, Leo swaps homes with his best friend, Ellie (played by Ashley Williams), for a period of time.

During his stay at Ellie?s place, Leo ends up meeting Matt (Porte), who helps him get out of his own way when it comes to writing something new and inspiring. According to the synopsis, Leo and Matt?s ?newfound friendships turn into something far more meaningful,? just as Ellie is experiencing a similar situation with Sam (played by Marcus Rosner).

Notes of Autumn is set to premiere on Saturday, September 16 on the Hallmark Channel.

https://www.out.com/film/luke-macfarlane-peter-porte-hallmark#rebelltitem1

^^^^^^^^                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^
Luke MacFarlane                                                  Peter Porte

OK, I can't believe I'm sitting here on a Saturday night watching--sort of--a Hallmark movie. ...

I guess I should look up Luke MacFarlane because his voice sounds so familiar, but I have no idea where I might have heard it.

It ought to be Leo and Sam. ...

At least I like the Vivaldi. And the autumn scenery is nice.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 09:24:43 pm »
Hallmark movies are a guilty pleasure for me during the holidays, I generally don't watch them until after Thanksgiving.

However, this one is putting me in an autumn mood.

;D

As for Luke,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Macfarlane

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 09:34:45 pm »
I guess I should look up Luke MacFarlane because his voice sounds so familiar, but I have no idea where I might have heard it.

OMG, I found it! This is from where I know him and his voice. He was the chaplain in the Civil War drama Mercy Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercy_Street_(TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4597870/?ref_=nm_flmg_c_18_act]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4597870/?ref_=nm_flmg_c_18_act]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4597870/?ref_=nm_flmg_c_18_act
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 09:44:00 pm »
However, this one is putting me in an autumn mood.

It is me, too. It's the setting, not the hackneyed story.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2023, 11:17:42 am »
It is me, too. It's the setting, not the hackneyed story.

The story between each couple really didn't have to do with autumn, other than the piece the quartet was working on was Vivaldi's "Autumn", so I'm guessing that's why the story didn't put you into that mood.  With typical Hallmark holiday fare, not only the setting goes with the holiday, but so does the story.   A woman moves from the city back to her small hometown to save the local candy cane making business that was founded by her grandmother.

:laugh:

I understand why some people can't stand the story-telling, it's far from ground-breaking TV.   I also see the appeal that others have for it, and they sometimes appeal to me.  Sometimes I just want to see some silly 'fluff' with a happy ending that makes me feel happy.

I'm someone who has always liked the change of seasons, and I find my TV viewing can follow the seasons.  I may start giving Hallmark more of a chance this month, as it's the start of Autumn, which I like.  October gets switched to SyFy and horror movies for "spooky season".  November goes to harvest and Thanksgiving, December is Christmas and New Year's with Hallmark.

When Spring comes around, I don't watch Hallmark as I'm not fond of Spring.  The same for Summer.