Author Topic: Phillip and his family  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Phillip and his family
« on: November 04, 2006, 08:49:49 pm »
Hi Buds,

If you haven't visited User Services today, you may not have seen this yet.  Click here to go to User Services, and then scroll down and click on "A Personal Note."

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?board=1.0
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:36:47 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Phillip and his family
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:11:40 am »

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Phillip and his family - 11/7 update
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:52 pm »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Phillip and his family - 11/10 update
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 05:56:41 pm »
Just a quick note of thanks for everyone for their kind wishes, support, and encouragement.  I am happy to say I am getting on with things and am lucky to have the support and friendship of all of you to turn to as needed (like this holiday season!!!!!!!!)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Phillip and his family - 11/10 update
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 07:03:25 pm »
Just a quick note of thanks for everyone for their kind wishes, support, and encouragement.  I am happy to say I am getting on with things and am lucky to have the support and friendship of all of you to turn to as needed (like this holiday season!!!!!!!!)

Phillip,

I'm sure we're all here for you.

Losing a parent just before the holiday season is rough. I know. My dad and I lost my mother very unexpectedly three weeks before Christmas 1995. So I've been there and done that!

But: You will get through it!

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Phillip and his family
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:54:42 pm »
Phillip,

I'm sure we're all here for you.

Losing a parent just before the holiday season is rough. I know. My dad and I lost my mother very unexpectedly three weeks before Christmas 1995. So I've been there and done that!

But: You will get through it!

Jeff

You know, Jeff and others with similar stories, my father died when I was 14, in November, and it didn't occur to me til now that that would have been a hard holday for me.  It must have been - I don't think I remember anything about it. 

I have no words to offer that I know for sure will fit your situation, Phillip.  But I know I have had some very happy holiday times since then.  Some years I make a bigger deal out of the holidays than others.  Whatever feels "right" for that year.  And for sure, there is always at least one moment during any family gathering, that I sense the holes left by people no longer there.