Author Topic: What true love is....  (Read 2783 times)

injest

What true love is....
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:50:36 am »
We all are familiar with the ads of the couples surprising each other with trips to Italy and diamond rings. Well, I don't know about ya'll but my real life is not like that. I don't think it is for anyone really. Love is little things....little everyday things that most people don't even notice. So this thread is to tell how you know you are loved and how you show someone you love them. Things that don't cost a lot of money (if money is involved at all).

It has turned cooler here. I am a night owl but my husband goes to bed early. So on cold nights he lays on my side of the bed. When I go to bed, he scoots over to his side. So I don't have to get into a cold bed. A small thing but it means a lot to me...

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: What true love is....
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:58:06 am »
My sweetie and I work different hours, well actually I work late and he works early because I'm a night owl and he's a morning person...LOL ...

He makes me feel loved because when he gets up in the morning he grinds fresh beans and sets up the coffee maker again for me before he leaves the house and he leaves me little post it notes every morning (going on 5 years now) in odd/different places, on the milk, in the bottom of my cup, on my toothbrush, on my steering wheel telling me to have a good day, he loves me and is thinking of me...it's like a kiss when I awake even though he's already long gone on his day.  Nice  :) 

He likes to be touched so I make sure that I touch him often, just a hand on the shoulder or a brush through his hair can make him smile like it's Christmas.

Like you said, little things but they mean so much to us.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:53 am »
when we are working together he always does the hard part. If we are cleaning stalls, I pick while he totes the tubs. When we are saddling up the horses he always puts my saddle up on the horse for me.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:17:08 pm »
It has turned cooler here. I am a night owl but my husband goes to bed early. So on cold nights he lays on my side of the bed. When I go to bed, he scoots over to his side. So I don't have to get into a cold bed. A small thing but it means a lot to me...

Aww, this is sweet. I'm also a night-owl and my husband is a morning person. But he never goes to bed without me (well, this year was a premiere: two times I told him to go, so I can see BBM all alone). He sleeps on the couch until I'm tired enough to go to bed. And almost every evening, we meet in the middle of our bed and he's spooning around me. That shared hunger is sometimes sexless, sometimes not ;D , but I love this habit of snuggling almost every night.

After our cat died, we discussed getting a dog. Since my childhood it was my dream to have a dog; he was ok with it, but had preferred to get a cat again. But without hesitation he agreed to my request, that the early morning walk will be his job. Even though the dog was my dream, he is the one getting up half an hour earlier than neccessary every morning to walk the dog. And in 5 and a half years he never ever complained about it once.

Scott6373

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:37:35 pm »
Saying it...a lot.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:04 am »
This weekend my boyfriend detailed my car for me. He will do all kinds of jobs like this for me to show me that he loves me. Usually I don't even have to ask. He just notices what I need and does it.

He is very task oriented and always working around the house on his days off. One day he was a little under the weather he lay on the bed and we watched TV together all day and chatted. To me it was delightful to have his total attention for the whole day! I wasn't happy he wasn't feeling well of course but it was so nice that he didn't have to work on tasks all day. For me having his relaxed attention for the day was much nicer than having him do all sorts of thoughtful tasks around the house.

We both have to work constantly to try to speak the other person's ‘language’ and not just our own.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 01:26:38 am »
At some point, nearly every evening, my husband massages my feet.  He is a master at all the little spots.  He knows how much I love it, and he just initiates it.  Sometimes if he is comfortably watching TV, he will do it all the way through a whole TV show.

Also, I do most of the (such as it is) housework, now that I am a SAHM and he has a full time job.  But he just about always will do something if I ask him, even if it doesn't seem fair to me to ask.  Also, sometimes he'll ask for a list of the things I really want done, but don't want to do myself. 

But mostly he is consistent and gentle in his treatment of me and our daughter. 

Ah, I should do this more often, I can definitely tend to focus on what bugs me, instead of the wonderfulness.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 02:37:22 am »
Oooo elle foot rubs are sooooo good....and having a man that gives them without even being asked is priceless.  Lucky You

;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 04:04:46 am »
Priceless is right.  Impossible to put a price on.  More precious than jewels.

He is very intuitive at it.  When we're talking, or he is watching TV, and his mind is not quite on the footrub, his hands just find the right places to squeeze and rub.  But when I ask him to move a little to the left, no there, up, right there, no over, etc., it doesn't seem to work.  For some reason, I usually can't guide him, but left to their own devices his hands somehow Know.