Author Topic: November 7th, Pine Creek  (Read 119715 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: November 7th, Pine Creek
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »
Hope it's still there!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »
Sadly they will never restore the picnic area at Elbow Falls. There is a sign telling people that repairs are not possible and where else they can go for picnics.
But the interesting thing is that people still come and bring their own BBQs and still picnic there It is a well loved area

Where had you found THE bench? I looked for it in vain...

That's very sad. But the area was so demolished, I'm not surprised.

I love the idea of guerilla picnicing!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2015, 03:39:49 pm »

Yup, there it is!

Seeing these pics again, I still marvel at the fact that we actually found it at all!

It was purely by chance, like Paul said.

....or, maybe, we were drawn there by the spirits of our boys...    8)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2015, 04:04:30 pm »
Too bad it didn't fit into your or Sonja's suitcase. I would have loved to know it's in a loving Brokie home where it's cherished. And wouldn't that have been a cool thing to have in your backyard? 8)
At least we have the photos and the knowledge of the wonder that you found it at all. Amazing things happen to  Brokies. :)

It would have been a very cool thing to have indeed!   ;D   But that suitcase thing is a major obstacle....   ::)

Can see the pics now....it's really too bad we can't fix it, but pretty cool you still found the bench.

I think so too. And furthermore, it's pretty cool that the inscription was still there, after 4 fucking years!

Paul and I carved it in 2009 - with our keys, no less!  :D  The carving was quite shallow, because it proved to be more laborious than we thought.

In 2011, we didn't get a chance to check on the inscription because there were people (non-brokies!  :o) sitting on the bench. We thought they might find it a wee bit strange if strange people in cowboy hats all of a sudden crawled behind their backs and squatted right behind them and started inspecting and caressing the bench they were sitting on.... ::) ::)

So, in 2013 it wasn't just the miracle that we found the bench in the first place, but also the fact that the inscription was still so clearly visible!!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2015, 04:08:54 pm »
Thanks for th pics, Paul. Next time I go there I'll try again to find it. Will let you all know if it is still there

Oh yes, please do!

I imagine that even if they don't restore the area, at least they will clear all the debris away.

And when they find the bench, maybe they'll keep it and put it back somewhere nearby, because of the plaque.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2015, 01:46:12 am »
In 2011, we didn't get a chance to check on the inscription because there were people (non-brokies!  :o) sitting on the bench. We thought they might find it a wee bit strange if strange people in cowboy hats all of a sudden crawled behind their backs and squatted right behind them and started inspecting and caressing the bench they were sitting on.... ::) ::)

Welllll, some of us weren't so shy! ;D ;)
Here's the pic I took in 2011:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2015, 09:01:51 am »

I remember it differently: we didn't care so much about people sitting on the bench; we cared about the people who were sitting on the river bank so that we couldn't get near our sweet life rocks. 

Nice!  (and no people sitting on the bench at the time, it seems)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:14 am »
ahhh, the bench.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2015, 06:15:18 pm »

Wow, great!

I don't remember you took a pic!

This pic is very important documentation, and will have a given place in the Brokie History Book!  ;) ;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2015, 06:17:24 pm »
I remember it differently: we didn't care so much about people sitting on the bench; we cared about the people who were sitting on the river bank so that we couldn't get near our sweet life rocks. 

Well, that too.