Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40379 times)

mvansand76

Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 09:04:21 am »
 :D :D :D :D

Still not sure what it was. Will keep you posted, think I have to read it again to see if I feel the same about it.

Where is chapter ten??  ;D

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 10:45:50 am »
:D :D :D :D

Still not sure what it was. Will keep you posted, think I have to read it again to see if I feel the same about it.

Where is chapter ten??  ;D

Okay  :)

Yeah ..... I don't know  :(

mvansand76

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:26 am »
 :( I want an update today, tomorrow's SOG-day, no room for NA then...  ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:38 pm »
:( I want an update today, tomorrow's SOG-day, no room for NA then...  ;)

Aww ~ there's always room in my heart for NA  :) but I do agree, both of those overwhelming fics updating on the same day would pretty much mess me up I think. I always need hours to recover from both of them.

one_of_one

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 03:02:48 pm »
Well if NA updates overnight there'll be plenty of time before sog...but doesn't Chas usually say more or less when it'll be up.  Anyone checked her replies to chapter 9 comments?

one_of_one

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »
Chas has just posted on BBSlash that it will be up on Friday - if she posts in the late evening like she usually does it'll be Saturday morning for us Europeans.

*sigh*  What a great start to the weekend :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 03:37:41 pm »
Chas has just posted on BBSlash that it will be up on Friday - if she posts in the late evening like she usually does it'll be Saturday morning for us Europeans.

Thanks H  :-*

No sleeping in for me this Saturday then!  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 03:41:59 pm »

Thanks for letting us know, Helen!  :)

Ok, here goes, while I was writing an article I decided to take a break and read NA-9 again and find out what bugged me about it. Just keep in mind that I absolutely adore this story!

It's Jack's annoyance and impatience, it was the way he showed Ennis the magazines, making Ennis even more insecure. I didn't like that. Not that it's implausible that he would do that, I just didn't like it. Jack just seemed a lot cockier than in the other chapters. Maybe it was to hide his own insecurity, I don't know......Don't shoot me please! (*ducks under the bed*)

It's lines like this: “It’s okay. It’s for you Ennis.”  I don't know, it just seems like an odd thing to say.
|
|
|
OK, enough about what I didn't like. The rest of the chapter was really good and I liked it much more once I told myself to get over the things I didn't like.

Ennis brushed his lips against Jack’s shoulder and left a kiss there. He never thought he would do something like that. Greasers weren’t gentle. They didn’t do things like kiss shoulders and let people read to them.

Jack moved his head, putting his chin in the crook of Ennis’s neck and collar bone.

“Does this feel okay to you?” He blinked against the newly washed shirt. It smelled like cold cotton and cigarettes.

and:

Jack lingered in the doorway for a long time, so did Ennis and eventually it was Ennis that leaned over and kissed Jack on the cheek, a chaste kiss to end their weekend, to say it was time to get back to who they weren’t, time to take sides.

That's beautiful...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 04:37:54 pm by mvansand76 »

one_of_one

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 06:30:50 pm »
It's Jack's annoyance and impatience, it was the way he showed Ennis the magazines, making Ennis even more insecure. I didn't like that. Not that it's implausible that he would do that, I just didn't like it. Jack just seemed a lot cockier than in the other chapters. Maybe it was to hide his own insecurity, I don't know......Don't shoot me please! (*ducks under the bed*)

It's lines like this: “It’s okay. It’s for you Ennis.”  I don't know, it just seems like an odd thing to say.

I felt like he was in a big insecure panic about it all and was trying to reassure himself about what they were doing.  All along he's been saying "this is what other boys do" and I've always taken that to be some kind of reassurance for both himself and for Ennis. 

Hey, I certainly won't be shooting you.  I love to hear the bad as well as the good about what people think of stories.  It's interesting. :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »
LOL, Mel! Get out from under the bed! I won't be shooting you either!  ;D You have every right to say what you do or don't like about the story  :)