Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40848 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 11:05:18 pm »
It smelled like cold cotton and cigarettes.

I've gotta say, I know it's such a little thing but I love love love that sentence. I remember it really striking me when I read the chapter in the first place. I love little sensory details like that, I think they really make or break a story. This is one of the things this author is so good at. It's such a simple sentence but it says so much!

Ok, I'm done now...   ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 07:38:03 am »
I've gotta say, I know it's such a little thing but I love love love that sentence. I remember it really striking me when I read the chapter in the first place. I love little sensory details like that, I think they really make or break a story. This is one of the things this author is so good at. It's such a simple sentence but it says so much!

Ok, I'm done now...   ::)

I know, it makes the story come alive, that's the exact reason why I quoted that line!  :) I always try to do that as much as possible too when I am writing, it's one of my main goals to make it as lively as possible...

mvansand76

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »
I wanted to ask you guys a favor, last time she posted her new chapter on bbslash and I have no clue how to access that site, I did once and then I nearly got lost, so maybe one of you could post the link here if it does get posted tonight?

:-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »
I wanted to ask you guys a favor, last time she posted her new chapter on bbslash and I have no clue how to access that site, I did once and then I nearly got lost, so maybe one of you could post the link here if it does get posted tonight?

:-*

Sure Mel  :) It'll be Saturday morning for us though or really really late tonight. Helen usually can't sleep or is awake really early when NA is about to update so maybe she'll be willing to post up the link earlier than me  :)

But BBslash is so easy to access ~ I'll give you the link anyway  :)

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/

mvansand76

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 05:42:10 pm »
Sure Mel  :) It'll be Saturday morning for us though or really really late tonight. Helen usually can't sleep or is awake really early when NA is about to update so maybe she'll be willing to post up the link earlier than me  :)

But BBslash is so easy to access ~ I'll give you the link anyway  :)

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/

Thanks! Love your new avatar!  :P

Ben je al verzopen in Rotterdam? Ik heb zo'n hekel aan regen!  >:(

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 06:09:22 pm »
I'll probably be awake when it's posted tonight, so if June and Helen aren't I'll link it here  :)

I know how you feel though, Mel. When I first found brokebackslash I couldn't figure out how to navigate it to save my life! If you have a LJ, it helps if you join the community, then postings there will appear on your friends page and you can also track certain postings and set your LJ so that you'll get an email notice when a certain person posts with a link to the story. So you can track Nobody's Angel particularly if you want. I do it for all of Maggie's stories because I'm addicted  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 06:30:17 pm »
I'll probably be awake when it's posted tonight, so if June and Helen aren't I'll link it here  :)

I know how you feel though, Mel. When I first found brokebackslash I couldn't figure out how to navigate it to save my life! If you have a LJ, it helps if you join the community, then postings there will appear on your friends page and you can also track certain postings and set your LJ so that you'll get an email notice when a certain person posts with a link to the story. So you can track Nobody's Angel particularly if you want. I do it for all of Maggie's stories because I'm addicted  ::)

Thanks Mandy I will do that! :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 07:35:52 pm »
Thanks! Love your new avatar!  :P

Ben je al verzopen in Rotterdam? Ik heb zo'n hekel aan regen!  >:(

Thanks Mel! I love it too!  :P  ::)

Ik haat regen! En wind! En het regent al dagen en dagen BAH!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 07:39:40 pm »

and you can also track certain postings and set your LJ so that you'll get an email notice when a certain person posts with a link to the story.

I didnt know that, Mandy! How do you do that??  ::) I'm terrible with setting my LJ to new stuff! God, I've only just now learnt how to post to my journal  ::) And I've had my LJ for like forever!  ::)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 09:58:07 pm »
LOL I know what you mean. Every time I post it's a struggle!

It's pretty easy to track, when you're reading an entry, around the same place where you can save it to your memories there should be something that says "track" or "track this" (or there will be a symbol that looks like a push pin) and it will lead you to a screen that asks you what it is about that journal you want to track. You can be notified every time that person posts anything, or be notified if they post something with a particular title.

Hope that helps! I'm not great with giving instructions...