Author Topic: Tornadoes..  (Read 10813 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Tornadoes..
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:30:09 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

I remember all the moms and kids going to the basement, and all the dads standing outside looking for the tornados.

We're expecting  big storms here in Chicago today too, so maybe we're in luck, Andrew.  Maybe a tornado will pick up Brandon and chefjudy, and then you and Courtney, and drop everyone at the Loew's Esquire downtown on Oak Street.  I'll meet you there after the tornado, and then we can have dinner at the Chicago Diner (if it's still standing)!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 01:31:37 pm »

Ruffalo

Hi Juan - I like that you've embraced your inner Mark Ruffalo, but you look a lot less like him in the other pic you posted.  Exceedingly attractive, but less like Ruffalo!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 01:33:03 pm »
We're expecting  big storms here in Chicago today too, so maybe we're in luck, Andrew.  Maybe a tornado will pick up Brandon and chefjudy, and then you and Courtney, and drop everyone at the Loew's Esquire downtown on Oak Street.  I'll meet you there after the tornado, and then we can have dinner at the Chicago Diner (if it's still standing)!!!!

LOL hahahah that would be awesome. 

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

oh stop, you're getting me all worked up!  :o

We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:34:29 pm »
Last one I've been thru was back in 1999 with that big tornado outbreak in OK and KS. It was SOOO close to hitting our home, after it was over we looked at all the damage around town and..there's nothing like it. Total destruction, dead animals everywhere, people's stuff everywhere, it's crazy.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »
Well thank you again!  I've liked him as an actor since You Can Count On Me, what a great movie!  But lookswise I'm not even in his league.  The folks who go to the brunch will be like, 'Ruffalo?  I don't think so.'  LOL

But it's frickin' flattering nonetheless, so thanks!!

Ruffalo
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

I remember all the moms and kids going to the basement, and all the dads standing outside looking for the tornados.

Yeah I love that. I'm facinated by weather. It's amazing to me. Tornadoes are amazing, so much power just coming down from the clouds it's just crazy. I was at this one site (forgot what it was called) and they had a sound clip from a while ago where a tornado came during a church service. You could hear the people singing then all of a sudden it got really loud and then complete muffled noise then silence. It was kinda freaky.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:58:58 pm by EnnisDelMar »

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 02:38:27 pm »
..now under a Tornado Watch..WOOWAY YEAH! :D

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
Good luck, be safe!

:-\
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 03:12:06 pm »

..now under a Tornado Watch..WOOWAY YEAH! :D

Lucky, sheesh.  (Imagine Napoleon Dynamite uttering thos words, not me).

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 03:16:51 pm »
I've lived in Illinois for about 18 years and never once seen a tornado. Many times it looked like there would be one, greenish sky, silent and still, change in the air, but no actual tornado. Let us know if you see one Brandon!