Author Topic: Some questions about DVD. Criterion...  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Some questions about DVD. Criterion...
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:17:52 pm »
Collection.  Do you think this will ever be admitted into the Criterion collection?  Isn't that for serious high-brow films. Would FOCUS Features have to part with the film if that's the case. Sell it to Criterion in other words.  I know CRITERION dvds's (40.00 USD) are expensive. It's a coffe table book prices but it looks so good on your coffee table/DVD stand, etc.
------------------------------------------------------
Two things I noticed with this DVD.

-NO PREVIEWS of upcoming Focus Feature films coming to DVD soon.

-No NBC literature inside (thank God) about one of their shows. They did that for THE CONSTANT GARDENER

The no previews things, is that making a statement or something. It's too precious and too above it all to be used to market other films. Or maybe they didn't include previews because they raced it out.

On OSCAR BUZZ, ppl were saying, wait till November for the real McCoy.  Director's commentary and voice over and maybe Jake will do a voiceover as well. So busy with ZOdiac to take time out.

rtprod

We should approach Focus/Criterion about this
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:31:12 pm »
After all of the strength we showed with the Variety ad and the momentum here and at Dave Cullen, I bet we could get an army to petition Criterion.  Maybe this would have to happen (much) later, after Universal/Focus puts their second edition out. 

What does everyone think?