Author Topic: The BBM-painting my boyfriend made for me  (Read 18791 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The BBM-painting my boyfriend made for me
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 01:22:18 pm »
Those are beautiful and very true to life, Melissa! I know, I was there! I'll tell EDelMar, he will be so pleased to see it!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

mvansand76

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 02:25:11 pm »
Those are beautiful and very true to life, Melissa! I know, I was there! I'll tell EDelMar, he will be so pleased to see it!

Thank you so much, my boyfriend is very happy to hear that! He used different Lightning Flat photos to make this painting (all of them posted here on the Lightning Flat thread!. I will send you and EdelMar a PM once it is finished, so I can send you a jpg or something! The pictures were quite an inspiration for him!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 02:30:33 pm »
Thank you so much, my boyfriend is very happy to hear that! He used different Lightning Flat photos to make this painting (all of them posted here on the Lightning Flat thread!. I will send you and EdelMar a PM once it is finished, so I can send you a jpg or something! The pictures were quite an inspiration for him!
We would love to have a picture of it!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 02:54:58 pm »
Melissa, his skill is amazing.    Those clouds!

Thanks for posting.  I'd love to see as the progrss continues.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »
Oh my effen gawd Melissa! These are BEAUTIFUL!! I love them, love them, LOVE them!!

Not sure what made me react so strongly to them, but my breath actually caught in my throat! Can't wait to see the finished paintings! :D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2007, 02:58:27 pm »
Not sure what made me react so strongly to them, but my breath actually caught in my throat!

It's the natural response of one genius artiste for another, Oh Venerable SongTweaker.  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
If you or your boyfriend or anyone else is interested, here is a link to an essay I wrote about one of my visits to Lightning Flat. The painting made it all come back to me again.

http://brokeback2007.com/events/essay.html

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2007, 03:01:37 pm »
It's the natural response of one genius artiste for another, Oh Venerable SongTweaker.  :)

Heehee!  :-*
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

mvansand76

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2007, 03:24:41 pm »
If you or your boyfriend or anyone else is interested, here is a link to an essay I wrote about one of my visits to Lightning Flat. The painting made it all come back to me again.

http://brokeback2007.com/events/essay.html

I printed it out a while ago and then read it and it made me cry! It was so beautifully written, I could see everything right in front of me. You would probably get a kick out of the fact that I keep the print-out in my copy of the short story! I told JW to read it, but he hasn't yet, he's been so busy painting! I will force him to do this before he finishes it, though!

Melissa, his skill is amazing.    Those clouds!

Thanks for posting.  I'd love to see as the progrss continues.

Thank you, he is getting better and better with every painting! I still don't know how he does it, but I am very proud!!!

Oh my effen gawd Melissa! These are BEAUTIFUL!! I love them, love them, LOVE them!!

Not sure what made me react so strongly to them, but my breath actually caught in my throat! Can't wait to see the finished paintings! :D

Wow!   :D  I think he is gonna finish it this week.... he is now painting the grass... very detailed work....

moremojo

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2007, 06:56:15 pm »
Melissa, your boyfriend's work-in-progress is just beautiful. It really reminds me of Andrew Wyeth (and come to think of it, Annie Proulx paints a bit like Wyeth as well, but in words rather than the brush). At any rate, thank you for sharing, and let your boyfriend know how much he is appreciated here.