Author Topic: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!  (Read 156144 times)

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
Re: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2007, 03:54:56 pm »
Guttenburg's been directing lately.  He made so many movies during his peak period, he doesn't have to work anymore.  He's loaded.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2007, 05:16:05 pm »
Flipper made me gay, lol! I was still a pre-teen but I had a huge and, at the time confusing, crush on Sandy (luke Halpin) from the TV show Flipper:

However, my crush was eventually transfered to Sandy's sexy father:

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2007, 05:27:07 pm »
My first real crush,

David Soul of Starsky and Hutch.

I loved him and the show and I thought about them all the time and I made up new stories about them.

I always loved the sad episodes the best, when they ended up in each others arms. (sounds familiar, doesn't it)

And I was twelve ::)

BTW Just in case you are too young, ;D David Soul is the blond one, Hutch, and I still think he's cute ;D

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2007, 08:47:58 pm »
Just came across this whilst idly googling... I think they've all been mentioned at one time on the thread! ;D

And just for you marlb, here a pic of pre-Hutch David Soul in 'Here Come the Brides' 1968-70

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2007, 09:06:41 pm »
My first real crush,

David Soul of Starsky and Hutch.

I loved him and the show and I thought about them all the time and I made up new stories about them.

I always loved the sad episodes the best, when they ended up in each others arms. (sounds familiar, doesn't it)

And I was twelve ::)

BTW Just in case you are too young, ;D David Soul is the blond one, Hutch, and I still think he's cute ;D

Tell you what, I never watched Starsky and Hutch when I was a kid, yet I was still somehow offended when the movie, apparently, turned the show into a farce.

Paul Michael Glaser was more my type.  Such a tragedy about his wife, Elizabeth, and their child.

(Edit. OK, I took out my smiley face after the comment about Paul Michael Glaser being more my type. It started to look insensitive right before the comment about what a tragedy it was for him to lose his both his wife, Elizabeth, and their child to AIDS.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:09:21 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2007, 09:11:58 pm »
Such a tragedy about his wife, Elizabeth, and their child.

True Jeff. Can't imagine what it must have been like to lose your wife and child to such a cruel disease :'(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2007, 09:12:51 pm »

And just for you marlb, here a pic of pre-Hutch David Soul in 'Here Come the Brides' 1968-70

OK, I must be having an elder moment here. I have very fond memories of Here Come the Brides. Jesus H., if you get me drunk enough, I can still sing the theme song, and that's almost 40 years ago!  :o But I have absolutely no recollection of who that is in the photo standing between David Soul, on the left, and Robert Browne. (Bobby Sherman was my favorite Bolt brother.  ;D )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
That's someone called Steve Lodge apparently. Here's the link to the page with more backstage photos.

http://employees.oxy.edu/jerry/bts/hctb.htm

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2007, 09:33:19 pm »
Thanks for the great picture.  He was so cute!!!  I even still have his record someplace,  remember 'Don't Give Up On Us, Baby" I think it was.

I would never ever see the movie, to me it is real blasphemy, Starsky and Hutch was a serious show (especially in your early teens) , the friendship, losing girlfriends, terrible car accidents, even drug addiction.  It did bother me that they chose to parody it in the movie.

Yes, Paul Micheal Glaser did have a very sad life, to lose his wife and daughter, but Elizabeth Glaser certainly did so much good in her time.   I think he is doing well,  he did get remarried not too long ago and he even appears on tv every so often.  He was in a not awful USA network movie about a year ago, and I think I saw him in a commercial recently.

David Soul did disappear, but I think he does do stage acting in London, or he did.

I did so love that show. ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:39:26 pm by marlb42 »

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2007, 10:06:30 pm »
Okay now that I got started,

Around the time of Starsky & Hutch, my next true love was David Gates of Bread.  I loved their songs, they were so beautiful, and I so thought he was cute, but there weren't many pictures back them.  I must have seemed so dorky, everyone was into Led Zeppelin, and I loved Bread.  They got back together in 1976 when I fell in love with them, and they were playing in the city but I wasn't allowed to go :( :( :(

He sure looks like he should be in BBM here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:27:24 pm by marlb42 »