Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2595206 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1150 on: August 13, 2007, 02:41:45 pm »
Happy, Happy,

I have heard from Mouk, she is back from her Native Adventure and residing in a condo near the Safeway in Canmore. She has been offered a partnership in the tour company, which is great, I hope, and hopefull all will go well with the immegration folks on friday.

She says the first snow came early this year, on the 9th of August, and the clouds are low today, hard to imagine since it was so hot when we were there.
It's hard to imagine snow at all being in the 100+ range here!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1151 on: August 13, 2007, 02:58:43 pm »
I know, it is great news and hard to believe about the snow, it was so hot when we were ther, not that long ago.

Imagine, Mouk will be living in Canmore! You know what that means: ROADTRIP! :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1152 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:09 pm »
Well folks, the repair guy is on his way to get me laptop to fix the sound card, or whatever Mike did to it. I hope to have it back shortly, or else I will be checking in on other outlets. Sayanora! Buenos Tardes! Malay Kalikimaka!

>:(

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1153 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:18 pm »
Well folks, the repair guy is on his way to get me laptop to fix the sound card, or whatever Mike did to it. I hope to have it back shortly, or else I will be checking in on other outlets. Sayanora! Buenos Tardes! Malay Kalikimaka!

>:(

Malay Kalikimaka sure goes along with the snow motif.  Truman, we will serenade you when your computer's sound is fixed.  :) 

For now, let's imagine you're the one in the middle, surrounded by, oh, let's say me, Lynne, Judy, mouk, and Meryl!  :)
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cCnKwPhd8[/youtube]

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1154 on: August 14, 2007, 10:50:02 am »
Ket us now praise the public library with a quote for today:

"I've seen more grace and subtlety from a cat tossed into a swimming pool."

--Kyle Smith, New York Post on "Evening", from Foscus Features, which I am currently reading the book.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1155 on: August 14, 2007, 10:52:36 am »
Ket us now praise the public library with a quote for today:

"I've seen more grace and subtlety from a cat tossed into a swimming pool."

--Kyle Smith, New York Post on "Evening", from Foscus Features, which I am currently reading the book.
LOL! As opposed to what?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

moremojo

« Reply #1156 on: August 14, 2007, 11:44:59 am »
Malay Kalikimaka sure goes along with the snow motif.  Truman, we will serenade you when your computer's sound is fixed.  :) 

For now, let's imagine you're the one in the middle, surrounded by, oh, let's say me, Lynne, Judy, mouk, and Meryl!  :)
The singing of 'Malay Kalikimaka' has become a Christmas tradition in my family. My aunt (mother's youngest sister) and her family lived in Hawaii for a number of years (aunt's husband, a Marine, was stationed there), and my two youngest cousins were taught the song while growing up there. Every Christmas Eve, at least one of them (sometimes accompanied by my aunt) perform the number for the larger family, awakening nostalgia for that earthly paradise looming far, far away in the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1157 on: August 14, 2007, 12:18:56 pm »
The singing of 'Malay Kalikimaka' has become a Christmas tradition in my family. My aunt (mother's youngest sister) and her family lived in Hawaii for a number of years (aunt's husband, a Marine, was stationed there), and my two youngest cousins were taught the song while growing up there. Every Christmas Eve, at least one of them (sometimes accompanied by my aunt) perform the number for the larger family, awakening nostalgia for that earthly paradise looming far, far away in the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.

Do they dance while singing?  Now I wish I had included you in the group performing it, Scott.  :-*

moremojo

« Reply #1158 on: August 14, 2007, 01:18:57 pm »
Do they dance while singing?  Now I wish I had included you in the group performing it, Scott.  :-*
If my aunt Carolyn and cousin Jennifer are performing it together, then yes, they do their best attempt at a hula while crooning this family favorite.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1159 on: August 14, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cCnKwPhd8[/youtube]

I haven't been that quick on my feet since the 60's!  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...