Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2527397 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2006, 11:15:31 am »
This is kinda scary! I have had people say that my writing seems like more than one person is doing the writing....maybe I AM insane....or at least have other personalities!! Do insane people wonder if they are insane?...LOL

I think everyone has facets to their personality, and I have noticed in my life that when I am under attach, it is only one of theose facest, so the rest can figure out what to do. I think that if you stay under that pressure a long time, or are abused, the facets become fractured, and you get the classic insanity. I ain't no psychologist. I hope someone does read all this one day and cry about us like we have cried ourselves. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »
Yeah I can identify with that, I feel like I am writing to all me friend s here so sometimes I mist a wurd.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2006, 11:39:10 pm »
I didn't make it to Floydfest, a dissapointment, but me natal anniversary will be sepnt in an inner tube on the New River at McCoy Falls near Blacksburg, Va., a cold drink in me hand and a warm spot in me heart. That is home for all me friends.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:06:02 pm by shakestheground »

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2006, 02:16:02 pm »
I will be 43, hopefully it will not make me petty.
:laugh: :laugh:       {{{shakes}}}
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2006, 03:08:37 pm »
I knew someone from down south would get this.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:37:38 pm by shakestheground »

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2006, 04:26:21 pm »
There is a lull, most of the agents have gone out into the heat to do god knows what. The phone is not ringing at the moment, but will no doubt, with the 548th call of the day from someone with a screaming baby wanting to rent a house. A moment, to relax, to breath. To wonder if I have been gritting me teeth all day or just the last hour or so.

Do you ever measure your life experence against Ennis and Jack? My partner did the first time we saw the movie. He said he was Jack, in so many ways. We don't live together. Partly because of my unwillingness to deal honestly with my family about what I consider to be none of their business anyway. Partly because I am unwilling to give up my home, unite my stuff with his stuff. I end up feeling like I am caught between two worlds. Not living in either.

A sweet life I do not see, and sometimes I think of what the character Mona Ramsey told her friend Mouse in "Tales of the City": "Sometimes I think all I really need is five good friends". I don't see his identifying with Jack automatically making me Ennis, maybe that is denial on me part. I dunno. Its a hard balancing act, and there are issues with both sides.

Yes, I am sabatoging my life. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:39:29 pm by shakestheground »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2006, 04:51:28 pm »

Yes, I am sabatoging my life. 

Sometimes what looks like sabatoge is just part of you protecting what it knows needs protecting.  And letting go of that protection happens when you feel safe and strong, not through force or requirement.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:55 pm »
U are in good company, Shakes. J.K. Rowling will be 41 tomorrow (the richest woman in Britain--richer than the Queen and Madonna--and she's a writer of children's books! That tells me there's hope for the world.) And the state of Colorado will be 130 this week. Happy Week!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline esseffjoe

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2006, 09:04:37 pm »
....sometimes I think of what the character Mona Ramsey told her friend Mouse in "Tales of the City": "Sometimes I think all I really need is five good friends"....

And I know you've got not only five good friends but likely many times those.

Off topic, Shakes, but what a service you've done us by citing Tales. For those not familiar, Armistead Maupin's series began as a serialized story in the San Francisco Chronicle about 1976. Later, the stories were published as a series of books with some becoming made-for-TV movies. Many became the kind of followers of Michael, Mary Ann, Mona, and Anna Madrigal and their lives as we've become of Ennis and Jack with our perceptions of theirs.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2006, 07:43:24 am »
Yes, and Maupin's books The Night Listener, has been made into a movie staring Robin williams that comes out this week, Friday I think. It is based loosly on the experences of another great gay writer, Paul Monette, of blessed memory. It was a real page turner when I read it.

Thanks everyone, lets us all be aware.