Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2595235 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1300 on: September 21, 2007, 10:28:48 am »
What a gift you have!
Reading this was eben better than you telling me about it!
I feel like I was there with you.
You can evoke so much with your writing!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1301 on: September 21, 2007, 11:52:35 am »
OMG!!!!!

I just received Chris and Mike's DVD, Refinding Brokeback! I am watching it now, there we are!!! all O us on the mountain, Kirk kicking the tire, OMG I am cry all over again.................

Oh shit thank kew guys for doing this. I love it. I f'in' love it. Phillip and his microphone, .......
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1302 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
Ride that bull Kirk! And here's Lynne!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1303 on: September 21, 2007, 12:11:18 pm »
Oh fuck! ME on a BULL!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1304 on: September 21, 2007, 12:13:43 pm »
Oh fuck! ME on a BULL!

Now there is an image!! :laugh:
Sounds like a new event for the Rodeo there Cowboy!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1305 on: September 21, 2007, 12:58:11 pm »

More "Travels With Truman."  I loved your story about going to the church.  I am sure I dont understand it entirely, but it was very captivating.  You are the surrogate visitor to all the places and people we cant all attend.  Thank you once again for your beautiful way of retelling your way
thru life.                     :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1306 on: September 21, 2007, 02:32:56 pm »
Oh fuck! ME on a BULL!

Is this thread about to take a turn into "not safe for work" territory?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #1307 on: September 21, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »
Okay, this next installment deals with my visit on Sunday morning to the Golden Gate Spiritualist Church with my hosts. This might lead to so eye rolling in some quarters, that is okay. Remember, this is an attempt, like all religion, to bridge that gap betwixt what we know and what we try to believe:

And so I shall. The space betwixt what we know and what we try to believe has a name: Faith.

Truman, my friend,
I am well aware of the invisible spiritual world around us.  In fact, in 1976, the year after I was 'born again' I, for all practical purposes, demanded to have a VISION!  And did I ever~!  There is so much going on around us that we are unaware AND THAT IS GOOD because it would drive anyone absolutely INSANE if we were made sensitive to it, like I was briefly, when I demanded the vision.  The room became full of hundreds of points of light and dozens of points of note - but they were black.  They were all revolving around me and it absolutely scared the SHIT out of me.   I begged it to stop.   My girlFriend at the time arrived and I pleaded with her to remove me from my apartment.  She did and behold, all was quiet outside.  I learned a lot from the experience even though I am eons away from where I was spiritually at that time.  There are many 'invisible' sentient beings, creations like we are, and all with free will.   I would assume that the medium would have picked one of these as a Spirit Guide since they are way above us spiritually - you said vibrating at a higher plane and that pretty much goes along with what I beheld way back then.  I still see 'ministering spirits' - points of light that I have been aware of since that time that I asked for a 'vision'.  I know these PERSONALLY because two of them entered my body from the back of my head to comfort me when my body was 'dying' in August.  I felt them travel down into my body and my muscles relaxed.  I was grateful for the help!  I just want to add a point to ponder...

One thing about these beings, they are not all friendly.   One of them 'lead me on' earlier in the '70s when I was really into the occult and absolutely screwed me over after I trusted it.  (I was 'told' that I would have a Wonderful Day so even though there was an intense lightning & thunderstorm outside,  I decided to watch my brand new TV.)   Lightning struck nearby and absolutely FRIED that TV set.   I was so pissed at the time.   Now, in retrospect, I'm glad it happened... because it kind of 'stopped me in my tracks' from a spiritual standpoint.  I now feel that the 'black' points that I beheld back in '76 were not friendly.

So, if I were you, I would just 'ask for protection' from whoever you consider as the Creator of all that is and it WILL be granted.   On a similar note, my dead mother, who died right in front of me with a lot of 'unfinished business between us' was hovering around me so intensely the week of August 6th (before my near-death experiences) that I asked the One Who IS to STOP it!  And it did.  Later, after the near-death experiences,  she and I had a spiritual reconciliation that still fills me with awe.  September 22nd is the 19th anniversary of her death.  We're friends now.   (It's also the Jewish Day of Atonement.)

So, what do you think of that?   ;D

{{hugs}}

br. p
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:43:28 am by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1308 on: September 21, 2007, 04:27:55 pm »
Gret Day.

I think you have been very close to the spirits for a long time.

Yes, there are bad ones, there is good and bad in everything and you can't have one with out the other. You take pure gold for an example, it is so soft it would be totally unusable. It has to be mixed with another metal to make an alloy, it is no longer pure but it is stronger, it is useable.

The evil I have delt with thankfully has been limited been on the physical plane, and primarily in childhood. I think kids can be easy prey to the darkerside, manifesting itself in cruelty to one another, to animals, vandalism. I think it scars us all in one way or another.

I will take my signs as they are given to me, not sure I could handle some of the things you have seen. But as I age, and knowing the longer one lives there is more opportunity, I will probably face things I'd rather not. I don;t fear it thought, partly because I know you now and you have read your words. I know there is nothing to fear.

That is a good thing about your reconciliation with your mother, I hope she will know that her son is loved.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1309 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:38 pm »
It was a moderate weekend, best way I know to call it.

Friday a friend invited me up on his mountain top for a bonfire to mark the end of summer. He has 6 acres on a ridge that is part of Bull Mountain, a steep drive up to a cliff. It had rained that day, and was cloudy so when the sun set the ridge was in the clouds, and our shadows from the fire would project on to the mist, it was errie, but at times it would clear enough to see the moon, almost full.

We sat around and discussed the state of our lives and drank whine until it ran out. I gave him the address for bettermost, I hope he will stop in here, he could use some friends like the ones I have found here. Luckly I had a full stomach to endure all that whine, but was amazed when I cranked the car to leave the time was 11:07 pm......

Then Saturday night I went with him, I don;t know what to call him anymore, to the Mexican place to consume overpriced margaritas. We got to talking about growing up bent and I told him about the crush I had on his cousin in highschool, which I had never told him about before.

"You could have had him" he said. "I did".

Part of me went chilly at this revelation. Here the idol of my youth, the golden boy jock football player wrestler had been dealing with the same crap as me and I never knew it. What really made me grow chilly is I know how his life has turned out and I am so much more fortunate than he has been.

This little devil on my shoulder told me I should leave right then and go to Lowes, where I knew I would find him working somewhere betwixt plumbing and electrical and tell him, but I am 26 years too late for that now. The next time I see him though I will try and encourage him somehow, short of flirting, it might scare him.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:46:30 am by Shakestheground »