Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2527167 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »
So in my my mailbox this morning there was a confirmation from the Virginia Museum of Natural History that the Ennis & Jack brick has been ordered. Just tickled to death.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2006, 10:44:09 am »
Luv yr pictures, and thanx for the birthday report! Loyal Blood is one of my favorite people too, I think of him often. Wasn't that a sad book? I got the CD of Bad Dirt and started listening...they are short stories but somewhat related to each other...some of them are pretty funny. Lookin forward to hearing more about yr revelation, if U care to share it, PT.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Revelation
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2006, 12:58:12 pm »
Thank kew FRont Ranger, yeah, I would like to share that personal revelation.

I as getting in the shower the other morning and realized I now posessed memories of thisngs that happened more than 40 years ago. One of the earliest memories I have is of going to the first birthday party of a kid who parents ran the local recreation center. I remember standing up in a barrel backed kitchen chair, the light green colgolwall tile of the room, the wading pool pool of sand on the kitchen floor. I can rememory me mother and the other women there.

My mother had put a picture of it in my baby book, and wrote about it, including the date 14 August 1964. I was 1 year and 11 days old. In the fictional world it would snow on Brokeback Mountain in another 2 days. Then it hit me. I had to stop the shower and go get me notes.

You'l rememory my post about Jeb and Dash, the diary I went to see in Boulder back in April that had been kept by a gay man living in Washington, D.C. I checked my notes and "sure enough" the last time "Jeb Alexander" wrote in his diary was Saturday, 14 August 1964.

And I remember the day.
 ;D
I had been looking for a sign, a connection to him all this time and had it right in front of me for months.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2006, 01:05:39 pm »
That is eerie and kind of scary! You'll have to revisit that story next Saturday!

Regarding memories, so often I have posted a memory of an experience of mine on here and then realized that it actually happened long ago. I remember very clearly things that happened to me in my 20s and 30s, and then there is just a deep dark gulf between then and now. I remember things about my children, but hardly anything about myself. With seeing Brokeback Mountain, I feel like I have come out of a fog.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2006, 01:21:55 pm »
Yeah, I do pretty good remembering when and what, until about 1990, and since this it is like trying to rmemory someone else's life.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2006, 02:30:58 pm »
Luv yr pictures, and thanx for the birthday report! Loyal Blood is one of my favorite people too, I think of him often. Wasn't that a sad book? I got the CD of Bad Dirt and started listening...they are short stories but somewhat related to each other...some of them are pretty funny. Lookin forward to hearing more about yr revelation, if U care to share it, PT.

I would like to go back and hear all those books on cd now, Bad Dirt had the two best stories in it I think I have read (beside BBM), The next to the last about a woman who inheritis a magic tea kettle and "Florida Rental".

vkm91941

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2006, 01:42:33 am »
Ahhh Tru I missed your Birthday!  Damn I didn't mean to do that hope it was a happy one!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2006, 11:34:38 am »
Thank you Victoria, I got many well wishes and I treasure each one. I treasure them much more than the below slice of pizza I encountered last Friday night at Pappa's Pizza in Bassett, Virginia, which contained, I am not kidding, hot dogs and french fries:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:40:44 am by shakestheground »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2006, 01:29:02 pm »
the slice of pizza I encountered last Friday night at Pappa's Pizza in Bassett, Virginia, which contained, I am not kidding, hot dogs and french fries:

Hey Tru -

I will assume that what looks like a slug sitting on the plate is, in fact, not actually a slug, and just an odd-shaped piece of hot dog?  Or is that just a new pizza flavor that hasn't made its way to Chicago yet?

Mmmmmmmmmm - hot dog pizza.  Yummy???

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:12:26 pm by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2006, 02:05:26 pm »
Yes, that was a piece of hot dog, imagine this area ahead of Chicago in the cullinary department.