Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2595469 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4280 on: April 15, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
The word Pomade reminds me of George Clooney in the movie, O Brother Where Art Thou?.   He kept on putting pomade on his hair.   Funny movie.  Clooney was great.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4281 on: April 15, 2008, 07:05:43 pm »
George Clooney, what smile and man !!

I could kiss his smling lips!!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4282 on: April 15, 2008, 07:07:35 pm »
George Clooney, what smile and man !!

I could kiss his smling lips!!

Yeah, he's a good looking man. 

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4283 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30:18 am »
"Hail Lady, full of grace,
Blessed art thou amongst dogs."

That is what I would tell her, as I scratched her head and wiped her eyes. She was my friends dog. She turned 17 this month, a spayed female part Shelty that had come from the SPCA when he and his son moved into their house.

I last saw her in the front yard, chewing on the rib bone of a pig, her atrophied back legs collapsing under her, I set her straight again and told her byebye. Yesterday at lunch he gave her the last left over rib bone from the trip to Texas Steak House and she happily tottered off with it. She never returned.

Last night as we positioned our vehicles to shine the headlights into the woods, as we whistled at the top of our lungs I knew she would not be found. Knew the leaves would not stir and produce a decrepit bag of bones loping along. She was on her way out for some time, slept 23 1/2 hours a day and would only eat people food anymore. She suffered from heart worms and it was just a matter of time. So with the last of her good quality of life, she answered the call of nature, and went off to the woods to die in private.

It was typical Lady. She was not a very social dog. The major emotion I saw her demonstrate in her life was disdain. She didn't need affection, did not care for most other dogs until about a year ago she made friends with a Chihuahua who would visit her at the end of the driveway every morning.

I hope her passing was peaceful, will probably never know. What I can do is tell myself a story about it to help it make sense. She, sitting in the yard with the rib bone betwixt her paws, gnawing. She smelled a sweet warm breeze that carried with it the taste of pig meat. All old dog love pig meat. She rose and tottered off, into some portal seen only by her, blue in color. Tottered off and that was that.

She was full of Grace.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4284 on: April 18, 2008, 08:41:57 am »
She was a sweet ole girl!
I'd like to say I'm sorry but I think she is running in a golden field, bathed in sunshine and happily playing with Casy!  :)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4285 on: April 18, 2008, 09:58:01 am »
Truman, I'm so sorry about the loss of Lady.

I'm glad I had the oppportunity to meet her in January.

I was given this poem many years ago, when a beloved pet died.  I cry each time I read it.

For Lady.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4286 on: April 18, 2008, 10:02:44 am »
Thank kew Chuck, Lady was the kind of dog who would spot someone and then just stand there waiting to be noticed, I never knew her to be affectionate. She may have kissed me once.  :laugh:

And Rich I hope she is meeting Kasy. She was a good dog too.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4287 on: April 18, 2008, 02:14:33 pm »
How sad Truman  :'(

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4288 on: April 18, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »
SO on a happier diversion, when I went home to retrieve something this afternoon I saw that my odometer was sitting on 99,992 miles. I decided when I left I would head the other way, take the long way back to the office at $3.25 a gallon and watch for the magic numbers.

It was a wonderful ride, up Valley Drive, down Stones Dairy Road, onto Hodges Farm Road, where just below the house Sherry Wood grew up in I hit 99,999. On out to the end I took a left on The Great Road and the phone rang with a call from another couple of travellers in Georgia  ;)  and I got to share my excitement from the Free Will Baptist Church parking lot where I talked and clicked away.

I still don't know who this Will Baptist is or what he did, but is seems a lot of churches are on his side.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4289 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:15 pm »
Truman,
I am so sorry to hear about Lady's passing.  You composed a beautiful eulogy for her.  I'm glad I got to meet her and that she's not in pain anymore.  Please give Bob my condolences too.
Lynne
 :'( :'(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."