Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2596605 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4310 on: May 02, 2008, 08:45:49 am »
Yeah, I need to spend some time on the bushes this weekend, weather permitting. Make this place look like some lives here. Everything is just exploding. ANd I need to move Mrs. Twist's Iris to a place where I got some others that are blooming.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4311 on: May 02, 2008, 08:49:00 am »
Well its official, I just found the season's fist tick climbing up me leg.  :P

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4312 on: May 02, 2008, 09:23:54 am »
Yeah, I need to spend some time on the bushes this weekend, weather permitting. Make this place look like some lives here. Everything is just exploding. ANd I need to move Mrs. Twist's Iris to a place where I got some others that are blooming.

I like iris. Grandma always called them Blue Flags, even when they weren't blue.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4313 on: May 02, 2008, 09:39:21 am »
 ;D I have heard them called that too, and when they were other colors too! I really hope moving it will make it happier and it will bloom at some point.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4314 on: May 02, 2008, 09:58:26 am »
;D I have heard them called that too, and when they were other colors too! I really hope moving it will make it happier and it will bloom at some point.
Next time you are here I'll have to give you some of mine that used to be my Nannies. I have some white, lavender and burgundy ones.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4315 on: May 02, 2008, 01:25:24 pm »
Next time you are here I'll have to give you some of mine that used to be my Nannies. I have some white, lavender and burgundy ones.

That would be cool, then in time I could give the babies to Jay and Sam they would make an almost full circle!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4316 on: May 02, 2008, 01:33:39 pm »

Oooo, I bet the burgundy ones are really pretty!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4317 on: May 02, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well! There will soon be a new flag flyin'!

I was all prepared to move Mrs. Twist's Iris to a location I thought it would like better, and lo and behold it has sent up a bloom! It will probably open in the next week! I am tickled to death!

It has been close to two years since Cowboy Wayne and Mouk rescued it from the overgrown yard of the abandoned house in Lightenin' Flat. Flew home with me in a damp washrag stolen from the Z-Bar Motel, and soon
its beauty will be appreciated again.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4318 on: May 02, 2008, 02:46:05 pm »
That would be cool, then in time I could give the babies to Jay and Sam they would make an almost full circle!
That would be Beautiful!
maybe even plant some with Nannie and Paw paw up on the hill.
I would love to have them back in C'burg again!  :)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4319 on: May 02, 2008, 02:52:17 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well! There will soon be a new flag flyin'!

I was all prepared to move Mrs. Twist's Iris to a location I thought it would like better, and lo and behold it has sent up a bloom! It will probably open in the next week! I am tickled to death!

It has been close to two years since Cowboy Wayne and Mouk rescued it from the overgrown yard of the abandoned house in Lightenin' Flat. Flew home with me in a damp washrag stolen from the Z-Bar Motel, and soon
its beauty will be appreciated again.

How 'bout that! So that's why you call it "Mrs. Twist's Iris." I had not heard that story before.  :D

I brought a pebble and a twig of Mountain Sage down off of Broke(n)back for myself.

Is that warshrag green? I took my own green warshrag with me to the Barbecue last year, and it will be goin' on the Roundup this year.  :)