Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2590317 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4580 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:45 pm »
I opened the door leading from the basement to the outside and Crybaby cried "Meow!"

I stepped out with a handful of cat food for her bowl and out of the corner of my eye I spied something large and
brown. I turned and beheld the deer. It was no more than 10 feet (2 meters) away.

I had encountered this deer last week when I was wandering about the "garden" looking for Crybaby, I just came up on it looking at me and as long as I meowed. When I spoke to it in my regular human voice it bolted.

Today I was luckier. I spoke to it and asked how things were going, if it were getting enough to eat or should I plant some more flowers? I made some animal noises for it which it found very interesting but mostly continued to eat the grass, which was fine with me. I decided it was much cheaper to have a deer around than to try and landscape the place. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a couple of pictures but I am going to have to go by the phone company and upgrade my plan to get them off my phone.

Sneaking back in side I got my camera from my desk and went back down stairs, aimed shot, I swear the thing smiled and my batter was dead. Went back in and replaced the batteries but by this time the deer was tired of me and sauntered off. Crybaby stretched her neck to watch it go.

My deer. I wonder if it is one of the twins that lived in the woods with the mamma last year. It looked healthy, and I am cool with having it around but I am not going to get attached to it.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4581 on: July 15, 2008, 01:43:08 pm »
I am not going to get attached to it.
I'm thinkin that train done left the station!!  :laugh:  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4582 on: July 15, 2008, 01:45:26 pm »
He did he did!
But I'm gonna finish it!  >:(

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4583 on: July 15, 2008, 01:47:25 pm »
My deer. I wonder if it is one of the twins that lived in the woods with the mamma last year. It looked healthy, and I am cool with having it around but I am not going to get attached to it.

I think you got attached when you called it "my deer".    :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4584 on: July 15, 2008, 01:53:24 pm »

Since I actually work at my job and don't have time to twiddly dick around finding cute little anamation gif's, consider yourself bitch slapped!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4585 on: July 15, 2008, 01:56:43 pm »
Since I actually work at my job and don't have time to twiddly dick around finding cute little anamation gif's, consider yourself bitch slapped!  ;D

Since I'm efficient enough at my job that I have free time to surf the 'net, consider YOURSELF bitch slapped!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4586 on: July 15, 2008, 02:15:23 pm »
Since I'm efficient enough at my job that I have free time to surf the 'net, consider YOURSELF bitch slapped!

How can you not be efficient at roomper room?
 :laugh:

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4587 on: July 15, 2008, 02:19:45 pm »
Hey, Lynne, our grandmothers had the same birthday!  My grandmother was born on 7/7/1907, and she always said she was born on "seven, seven,  o-seven".  She just missed her 95th, but we had a special celebration to commemorate her centennial last year when "seven, seven, 0-seven" came around again.

That's really neat, Paul...'Seven, seven, o-seven'!  :)

I seem to remember my paternal grandmother talking about 'aught' seven, now that I think about it.  We weren't very close and her birthday was sometime in August...seventeenth maybe?  I'd have to ask my dad to be sure.  And his 69th birthday is coming up on the 19th of this month.  Cripes.  It seems like not so long ago he hit 65... ???

I'm thinkin that train done left the station!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We know Truman, don't we?!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #4588 on: July 15, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »
 ;D  I love your deer Truman!

Hey y'all are smart, can you tell me something about the timeline of the major motion picture, "Brokeback Mountain"?  Or about the short story.

Were Alma and Ennis pregnant when they got married? I don't recall any suggestion that they were, but I assume it could be deduced from the timeline. Anybody know?

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4589 on: July 15, 2008, 02:34:49 pm »
;D  I love your deer Truman!

Hey y'all are smart, can you tell me something about the timeline of the major motion picture, "Brokeback Mountain"?  Or about the short story.

Were Alma and Ennis pregnant when they got married? I don't recall any suggestion that they were, but I assume it could be deduced from the timeline. Anybody know?

I don't think we get an indication of pregnancy before marriage in the movie, Wayne.  In the short story, Ennis (paraphrasing) 'has her pregnant by January' so that would be after the wedding, which was November, right?December.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."