Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2530424 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4690 on: August 09, 2008, 05:45:07 pm »
and here she is, skating to Malaguena

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:29:40 pm by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4691 on: August 09, 2008, 05:47:22 pm »
Big Tanya Harding fan myself..."But I BROKE MY LACE!!!" boo hoo...

I'm a huge Nancy Kerrigan fan.  *watches for metal rods*

To be honest, I'm rather pissed with Tonya, and not because of the "Tonya/Nancy" incident.  All of Tonya's coaches talked about how hard it was to get Tonya to practice the way she should have.  Tonya was one of the physcially strongest skaters around.  If she had practiced, there's no telling who she could've beat.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

injest

« Reply #4692 on: August 09, 2008, 05:52:44 pm »
and no way should you have to worry about your equiptment at a big show....come on...a shoelace?? I would think some serious thought woulda gone into making sure every detail of your costume was ready.  ::) ::)

but here it is again for our viewing enjoyment...(you can find anything on Youtube!)

well except the train from War of the Worlds...I didn't find THAT...

anyhoo! Ms BooHoo herself...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI7qBAfWYP4&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4693 on: August 09, 2008, 05:57:55 pm »
Last skating vid from me today.

Canadians Bourne & Kraatz in their long program/freedance.  Many felt they deserved a gold medal that day, however, the judges saw fit to place Russians ahead of them, and give them a bronze.

::)

Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz skated to the music of "RiverDance", and many commented on how difficult this would be to bring to the ice, as skating is a fluid horizontal motion, while Irish stepdance is stationary vertical motion.  They crafted a great program, including moves they had invented, that they called "Hydroblading", very low to the ice glides, with their knees bearing their weight.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmijaWvX_2U[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4694 on: August 09, 2008, 10:41:41 pm »
Hey Truman!!! How have you been?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4695 on: August 10, 2008, 08:43:49 am »
Hey Truman!!! How have you been?

I have been okay, I seem to work thru the week and become a zombie on weekends.  :laugh: But my laundry is donw, how 'bout you Jack?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4696 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51:18 am »
I will do that, and I have another bottle in the works, so it could be a series.

I used to park next to a car just like mine in the parking garage at work, only it was a white Prius while mine was silver. For months and months. Never saw the driver because he seemed to come in early and leave very late. Sometimes at night his car and mine were the only ones in that part of the garage when I came out of the office. I knew it belonged to a man because I looked inside the hatchback and could see some very fine men's ski gear. So, one Friday night, I couldn't stand it no more. I wrote a note: Dear White Prius, I surely hope you get the chance to go off to the mountains this weekend and make use of those fine skis. You've been working too hard! Sincerely, Silver Prius"

The next Monday, white Prius was nowhere to be seen. I was happy that its owner was taking a day off. But later, I discovered that the white Prius was now parking way over in the far side of the parking garage, where its owner has to walk a long way to get to the office. And it has been like that for nearly a year... :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4697 on: August 10, 2008, 11:29:37 am »
Reminds me of the time in the 9th grade, I carried on a correspondence with someone by leaving a penciled note written on the desk top of my desk and someone in another class would write me back. Never found out who because I volunteered to tell them who I was first and they never wrote again.  8)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4698 on: August 10, 2008, 11:34:11 am »
Poor ole Tonya Harding, that video has to be one of the worst moments of her life and it just went down hill from there. She did save someones life once by doing CPR, but it didn't get as much notice as the sex tape fromher honey moon. You have to wonder what people are thinking sometime.

Speaking of which I remember talking to Jeff about this, and some others, hope they will see it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR6DdcnUBas[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55-gHj7yxg0[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4699 on: August 10, 2008, 12:25:14 pm »
I have been okay, I seem to work thru the week and become a zombie on weekends.  :laugh: But my laundry is donw, how 'bout you Jack?

I am fine, but still tired from the trip I think. I'm glad your laundry is done. You can now come and do mine. Tomorrow it is back to work and I am not looking forward to that at all!!!