Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2526778 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4720 on: August 17, 2008, 03:01:25 pm »
I was having breakfast with my mother, like I do every Sunday morning when I am home, and like every Sunday Monring for 20 years we had the TV on, the selection always the same, CBS's Sunday Morning.

When I saw the story come on about the passing of Jack Weil, I pointed to the TV to get her attention to it. She does not care what she sees or what is being said she will comment right over it.

"You know what old people are that slow? It hurts to move." She said. The story progressed thru pictures of Clark Gable, Eric Clapton and then, the screen was filled with blue sky and green grass, and the outline of Chinaman Peak. I could see Roland laughing outloud, I knew that spot intimatly.

[Paraphraising] "Most recently Weil's shirts were featured in the movie Brokeback Mountain...." and Jack lassoed Ennis's feet and down they went, tumbling into that familar crevace in my heart.

She sat there and watched and for once offered no comment. I wiped away a tear.  My Boys.  :-*

When the story ended and they told he was 107 she was truly amazed.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4721 on: August 17, 2008, 04:42:45 pm »
I was having breakfast with my mother, like I do every Sunday morning when I am home, and like every Sunday Monring for 20 years we had the TV on, the selection always the same, CBS's Sunday Morning.

When I saw the story come on about the passing of Jack Weil, I pointed to the TV to get her attention to it. She does not care what she sees or what is being said she will comment right over it.

"You know what old people are that slow? It hurts to move." She said. The story progressed thru pictures of Clark Gable, Eric Clapton and then, the screen was filled with blue sky and green grass, and the outline of Chinaman Peak. I could see Roland laughing outloud, I knew that spot intimatly.

[Paraphraising] "Most recently Weil's shirts were featured in the movie Brokeback Mountain...." and Jack lassoed Ennis's feet and down they went, tumbling into that familar crevace in my heart.

She sat there and watched and for once offered no comment. I wiped away a tear.  My Boys.  :-*

I saw that today, too, Truman.  I used to watch "Sunday Morning" regularly with my Mom when I was home, too.  Since she passed, I really miss having her next to me to share moments like that Brokeback sunbeam today.  I hope Jack Weil looks her up when he gets settled in up there.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4722 on: August 17, 2008, 07:29:11 pm »
I hope he gets a big greeting from Heath.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4723 on: August 18, 2008, 09:51:50 am »

:'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4724 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:35 am »
Good morning Truman

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4725 on: August 18, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »
I saw that on Sunday Morning too Truman. It felt strange knowing that I had actually been to Rockmount before.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4726 on: August 19, 2008, 02:17:05 pm »
So I had just hung up the phone about 7:30 las night and I heard the wild cat charging up the steps and decided I better investigate. Sometimes she gets ambiances but this sounded like it was with a purpose. Sure enough she was chasing something. I thought it was a mouse until I see it try to fly out the window. OMG I had to do something quick.

I love Crybaby and generally am a cat lover but I know it is their predatory nature to stalk and kill birds and rodents. Once already I had to remove her for the house to allow a chipmunk to escape from under the TV. While I didn't have a cat for a couple of years, I enjoyed having the birds. Occasionally I would see a mouse, especially when the weather turned cold and there was the snakes.......

I thought (and Crybaby did too) that she had the bird cornered beside a chair and I was like "How am I going to save this poor little thing?" when I saw it was hiding in the folds of a blanket thrown on the floor. I moved quickly.

Out in the front yard with the door closed behind me I untangled the baby Brown Thrashers talons from the synthetic fleece. It was panting, in shock and exhausted. I held it in my hand and stroked its little head and spoke to it. "You were luck this time, you need to watch out for that cat and others!" Its eyes closed like it was falling asleep and I thought of the female Cardinal I found once sitting on the ground. It was in shock from flying into a window and my crew of cats had not discovered it, yet.

I took the bird inside to my bathroom and close the door, letting it recover amongst a pile of towels. When I cam back a half hour later it had snapped out of it and shitting all over the place! I lowered the upper sash of the window and finally managed to shoo it out.

About tat time the Trasher snapped out of it too, and with a chip took off in a hurry, landing sideways on a (damned) White Mulberry tree. It looked back at me and chipped again.

"You were lucky this time" I repeated and turned to see Crybaby thru the storm door protesting: "Meow!". 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4727 on: August 19, 2008, 02:20:15 pm »
oh I know that story so well chasing a bird and tryin to catch a cat in the process!

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4728 on: August 19, 2008, 02:22:15 pm »
A friend sent me a link to these.

I love Loretta Lynn, she is one of the icons of country music and it is interesting to see her in this new incarnaton at this point in her life (she's 74). Kind of reminds me of Tammy Wynette and The KLF, only better.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHAX4z4sLg[/youtube]

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4729 on: August 19, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »
A friend sent me a link to these.

I love Loretta Lynn, she is one of the icons of country music and it is interesting to see her in this new incarnaton at this point in her life (she's 74). Kind of reminds me of Tammy Wynette and The KLF, only better.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHAX4z4sLg[/youtube]
I've heard some of that CD and it's really pretty good. I'm still more of a traditionalist though!
I'll take "you ain't woman enough to take my man" anyday!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"