Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2581878 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4790 on: August 28, 2008, 08:43:19 am »
The other evening she lit on a little table where I have plants sitting next to my desk. I have cleared her out a place so she can look out the windown with out knocking any of them over. She had just settled in when a Hummingbird appeared. They were two feet apart, with a screen in betwixt them. Crybaby was fixed on the bird, following its every jerk and movement and the bird was just as interested in her. She dove and hovered and I could hear the insect like buzz of it wings. Lasted all of 10 seconds and when it flew away I asked her what she thought of that bird, she turned and looked at me like "Did you see that!"
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4791 on: August 28, 2008, 08:47:55 am »
lmao!  Cute story!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4792 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:04 pm »
Hiya Big Brother!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4793 on: September 01, 2008, 02:13:10 pm »
Awe Thank kew Chuck, ain't they sweet?

Here is a short film from Scot/Canadian film maker Norman McLaren, "Neighbors". I love the part where they are dancing in mid air.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JS1lrqPHA[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4794 on: September 01, 2008, 03:49:55 pm »
what a happy little movie!

now I'm in the mood for some fresh flowers.   :laugh:

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #4795 on: September 01, 2008, 05:02:12 pm »
Loved "Neighbors"!  Thank you so much for posting it, Truman.

Norman McLaren was one creative filmmaker.  No doubt about that.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4796 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
Recently a friend of mine told me about a documentary she had seen on the early days of the coal industry in West Virginia. She told of how the mining companies would bring in different ethnic groups, Africans, Eastern Europeans, Italians, and actively promote racism between them and the Anglos living there in an effort to "divide and conquer" their work force. Pit them against one another and they would not see the company as the real enemy.

That thought has been resonating within me ever since. I keep seeing or think I see it in so many other instances. Perhaps it is a learned behavior that has become so ingrained in American life that we know nothing else.

I get that feeling about this election. Granted in a presidential election year in the U.S. the political parties are more polarized than usual, but then you got all this gray area, fueled by the internet. Political pundits, conspiracy theorists and people with a need to manufacture drama.

There was the email that McCain was ineligible to be President because he was born in the former U.S. territory of the Panama Canal Zone. There was the email that Obama was ineligible because he was not actually born in Hawai'i, but in Kenya and some how was brought back to the U.S. at a later date. There is the news media, interviewing and official at the GOP Convention ostensibly about the curtailing of event due to Hurricane Gustav, and their questions all about Bristol Palin and her baby.

To me, it seems like there are forces at work to divide and conquer American, forces coming from both ends of the spectrum, and I am just not going to buy into it. I refuse to buy into it. All the candidates have said and done things they wish they could have taken back, regret now, were misunderstood about. All of them advocate something that I can't go along with, all of them are loosing some of their humanity by being in the public eye. The issues in the campaign don't just take back seat, they are not even allowed in the car because all the room is took up with character examination and assassination.

There has got to be something better. There has got to be a better way. If we were a smaller country it would be simpler, if were were a poor country it might be too. Instead we have become a country of big over grown children jealous of one another's toys.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4797 on: September 02, 2008, 02:14:10 pm »
nicely said, Truman

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4798 on: September 02, 2008, 04:02:04 pm »
Thank kew Chuck. I think it might be time for a vacation from Bettermost  until this election is over.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4799 on: September 03, 2008, 06:49:19 am »
Truman, please don't let it get you down.

Unfortunately, even if you take a vacation from BetterMost, there will still be a ton of political talk everywhere, all participants thinking they're right, and the other side is Satan.

Which, of course, makes it harder to find exactly where the candidates stand on issues.

Just keep repeating, "It will all be over soon!"