Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2588045 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4800 on: September 03, 2008, 12:29:59 pm »
what Chuck said.

Plus I will miss you and I am not the only one :'(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4801 on: September 03, 2008, 12:51:41 pm »
I think it might be time for a vacation from Bettermost  until this election is over.

Don't you dare go away!  >:(  (Stamps foot like overgrown child. ...  ;D )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4802 on: September 03, 2008, 01:57:02 pm »
(Stamps foot like overgrown child. ...  ;D )

shocker!   :o

*runs from Jeff*   ;D :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4803 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:03 pm »
Thank kew Chuck. I think it might be time for a vacation from Bettermost  until this election is over.

Just ignore the election forum!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4804 on: September 03, 2008, 03:17:33 pm »
I will try to ignore it, but gawd it is everywhere. I don't see how the folks from other countries can stand it.

Back in the spring I knew it was going to be bad, I thought, because of the race issue. I felt like it was going to be a lot of racial tension and scarcasm and certainly in my own world I see and hear that from local people every day. But now everywhere you turn it is like a rabid feast of he said/he said/ she said/ he said/ people posting all kinds of opinions.

You know, I don't care anymore who wins this election. I know I should, I cared in 2000 when Bush slipped thru a loop hole. I mourned when the terrorists attacked in 2001, I supported going  after them in Afghanistan and then, what the hell did happen? I have never understood it.

I opposed the war in Iraq. The first time I heard it mentioned as a possibility I said I hoped they administration in power had enough sense not to do something so foolish. I have opposed the war every step of the way since then, I have called for Bush to be impeached for this action and failing to uphold the constitution, which he has sworn to do twice now.

I give up caring because I live in a country where people have their minds so closed they and are so gullible they will believe anything handed them by authority. Sadam had WMDs, chauffers held in Guantanimo want to kill everyone, it is okay to listen in on the conversations of citizens, Obama is a muslim, all muslims are suspect, McCain was not born in the U.S., Obama was not born in the U.S. , Palin wants Alaska to be an independant country.......(you know last week when she was anounced to be his running mate one of my coworkers actualy asked out loud, if Alaska was a part of the U.S.?!) Gays recruit children, gay marriage will undermine the institution itself, I mean, what is the point, I am living in a country full of armed lunatics. While they argue over who has the moral lowground there are people loosing their jobs, loosing their homes, loosing their hope.

I am going home, turn off my phone and escape into a good book.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4805 on: September 03, 2008, 04:18:37 pm »

shocker!   :o

*runs from Jeff*   ;D :-*

>:(  Where's my mariconera?  >:(

;D  :-*

That's the best idea I've heard in a long, long time!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4806 on: September 03, 2008, 07:42:25 pm »

sounds like a good idea!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4807 on: September 04, 2008, 09:37:14 am »
Howdy Truman Honey.  Its really not so bad. Try to have a good day my friend :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4808 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:13 am »
(((((((Truman)))))))

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4809 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:46 pm »
Yesterday I had to spend the entire day at the office, answering the nonringing phones, until 5pm, but I was glad in a way, I learned a lot about the Portuguese Air Force and tried to explain to some idiot that just because he did not see a propane tank out side of an empty house it was quite possible it did have some sort of gas heating unit inside as the listing said.

When I left the office I had a call that there was a Pow Wow going on in Stuart. It was being put on by the Wolf Creek Clan of Cherokee, a local group of native descended people dedicated to maintaining the Cherokee identity among their group. Not necessarily "Indian Looking" people, but their hearts are in the right place. Hadn't been to one in a long while so I headed off, driving a circuitous route threw the country, and arriving at the fair ground about 6:30 pm. It was a beautiful evening, the temperature was absolutely perfect, the humidity was absolutely perfect, the ground was dry. I payed the $8 admission and walked in the direction of the circle, where I learned the drum would now do its final song. The brochure said there would be dancing until 9 pm, but you know thats the way things go.

The dancers were gathered around the drum, mixed in with spectators. The parents with their children, wanting them to have the best vantage point to see and everyones head I noticed, bobbing slightly. I smiled, looked around the gathered and saw every shade, every complexion, every advantage and disadvantage. The way it should be I think, gathered together to hear the heart beat of the earth mother, of humanity, to be of one mind.

After checking out the vendors selling arrowheads, books on how to speak Cherokee, dream catchers, herbs, staffs, medicine bags and miniature boxes to store feathers in that resembled caskets, I found myself not feeling the need to posses any of it. Some of it I already had, and it could bring me no more joy that the late afternoon sun on the fence did.

Leaving the Pow Wow I stopped at the nearby Wendy's a recent addition to Stuart and one of the most difficult places to enter I have ever seen. The girl at the drive up window saw my orange wrist band and asked if that "PeeWee" was still going on. (Gawd, please don't ask me 'bout no propane tanks!) I told her it would be back tommorrow and she should check it out.

"Well I might but I'm worried about that tornado they're callin' for" I smiled. Tropical Storm Hanna was long gone and Ike was far off, she would have the opportunity, if she would take it.

And today is a beautiful day. From my window I can hear a Wood Pecker thumping on a tree in the woods, but I can't turn my head to look for it, I woke up with a crick in my neck like nobody's bidness.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."