Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2579529 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #5530 on: March 01, 2012, 03:41:01 pm »
I am now halfway to my goal of having $24 in a coffee can.

Have you added any more to the coffee can?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #5531 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:17 am »
T'waz a beautiful weekend. I worked on one of my rental houses on Saturday, pulling nails out of the wall and filling the holes. The enclouse back porch that had become an apartment for a German Sheppard got a fresh coat of primer which smelled of red wine.  ;D

Sunday I worked on my own house, cleaning the gutters, sawing up a limb that had fallen off a tree and while I had the latter out I decided to do something I'd wanted to do for a few years now. I nailed an old tire iron to the gable end of the front of my house for the whole world to drive by and not notice.  :laugh:

If anyone asks me about it, I will tell them, it is for people like Jack Twist, James Byrd and Matthew Shepard and countless others. They will no doubt look askance at it, same way I look at the huge 100 ft. metal cross in the parking lot of the church down the road, awaiting erection. Lots of people have died so we can have a better world, and they all died needlessly.

Its going to be another beautiful day today as well, the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming and life returns to the northern hemisphere. My internal clock races to catch up with the time change, and my heart basks in the warm sun.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5532 on: March 12, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
Sunday I worked on my own house, cleaning the gutters, sawing up a limb that had fallen off a tree and while I had the latter out I decided to do something I'd wanted to do for a few years now. I nailed an old tire iron to the gable end of the front of my house for the whole world to drive by and not notice.  :laugh:

Ver' good, Truman.  I like it.  Have a great spring, bud!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5533 on: March 12, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »

If anyone asks me about it, I will tell them, it is for people like Jack Twist, James Byrd and Matthew Shepard and countless others. They will no doubt look askance at it, same way I look at the huge 100 ft. metal cross in the parking lot of the church down the road, awaiting erection. Lots of people have died so we can have a better world, and they all died needlessly.

Its going to be another beautiful day today as well, the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming and life returns to the northern hemisphere. My internal clock races to catch up with the time change, and my heart basks in the warm sun.

Love you, Truman, for the out of the ordinary way your mind works. :-*

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5534 on: March 12, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »
T'waz a beautiful weekend. I worked on one of my rental houses on Saturday, pulling nails out of the wall and filling the holes. The enclouse back porch that had become an apartment for a German Sheppard got a fresh coat of primer which smelled of red wine.  ;D

Sunday I worked on my own house, cleaning the gutters, sawing up a limb that had fallen off a tree and while I had the latter out I decided to do something I'd wanted to do for a few years now. I nailed an old tire iron to the gable end of the front of my house for the whole world to drive by and not notice.  :laugh:

So that's what a tire iron looks like! I don't think I've ever seen one before.

Love the colour of you window shutter!

And I very much like the grey wooden wall!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #5535 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »

You are basking in the  beginnings of spring.  I am at the beach in Oregon.   Its snowing on the beach...WTF?  Cray cray...

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5536 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:56 am »

You are basking in the  beginnings of spring.  I am at the beach in Oregon.   Its snowing on the beach...WTF?  Cray cray...

It is supposed to be in the high 70s on the F scale here today........

.....and I love the way Latrice Royale laughs!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um60hLoEvts[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5537 on: March 14, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »
damn!  That's a lotta laugh!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5538 on: April 01, 2012, 07:16:32 pm »
Hiya Big Brother!

I haven't heard from you in a while, I hope that everything is going ok!!!!

Miss you like Hell!!!!  I need a big ole hug from ya!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5539 on: April 16, 2012, 10:47:07 am »
I love my car.

When I bought it in 2004, brand new, it had 4 miles on it. As of this morning it had 191,286. It needs a tune up, but I have changed the oil every 3,000 to 4,000 miles and it runs great, the gas mileage is still as good as when I fist bought it.

But the CD is screwed up, the carpet is worn out and now the drivers side seat back is broken and won't stay upright.

That's right, I have a BROKEBACK CAR!

I just set a pillow behind my lower back and keep going. It's paid for, maybe one day I will fix it, until then I will just stand it.