Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534817 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2006, 01:02:48 pm »
Oh my God, I LOVE this paragraph...

And rushin down those stairs, throbbin everywhere a man could throb without bein beat up, was when I realized I’d fallen in love with a man I’d just met, at the moment when there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about it. It was time to be the law. For that half hour, I really fuckin hated my job.

Oh, Ellery!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2006, 01:23:38 pm »
Oh my God, I LOVE this paragraph...

And rushin down those stairs, throbbin everywhere a man could throb without bein beat up, was when I realized I’d fallen in love with a man I’d just met, at the moment when there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about it. It was time to be the law. For that half hour, I really fuckin hated my job.

Oh, Ellery!

L

I just went back and reread the next part in TC where Ellery comes back upstairs after talking to Wilson... it's pretty fun reading back and forth between the two.  Anyhoo - I am all warm and fuzzy thinking about Ellery's exuberant return to worried Ennis, where he proposes the 'date'.

(misuse of the word exuberant, i'm sure, but oh well)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2006, 01:59:08 pm »
SPOILER

Damn, you're good, Louise!   :-*

In addition to the line Leslie quoted above - I love that word "throbbin" and I love knowing that Ellery already realizes he's in love! - there are so many great lines -

I gave Ennis the hottest bedroom eyes I could an took out my pistol, hopin he got the metaphor as I cocked it.      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And from close range he flashed his eyes at me an he stammered “Just be careful. I don’t want nothin ta happen to ya.”

Black comes in awful handy for not showin when ya suddenly get aroused on the job, an I hoped I was standin too close for him to see what that look did ta me, and said “Don’t worry – we got a getaway car, remember?”

His smile made me ache on top of bein rock hard.
     ;D ;D

All of which had the silver linin effect of keepin my mind off what it would be like to lick up an down those chiseled shoulders an those firm pecs an maybe sneak a lick to see how much perk I could get out a them nipples sittin upstairs,. . .      ;D

God, I love Ellery!

Thanks, Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2006, 02:46:22 pm »
update time

More fantasizing as Ennis gradually caves in to Deputy Darlin:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/187317.html  "10.  Sweet Mystery of Lust"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2006, 07:09:36 pm »
there will be a late-breaking chapter tonight before I finally succumb to sleep.  Stay tuned.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2006, 07:34:46 pm »
update time

More fantasizing as Ennis gradually caves in to Deputy Darlin:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/187317.html  "10.  Sweet Mystery of Lust"

From Naughty Marietta

Ah! Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found thee
Ah! At last I know the secret of it all             
All the longing, seekiing, striving, waiting, yearning,
The idle hopes, the joys and burning tears that fall!
For 'tis love, and love alone, the world is seeking;
And it's love, and love alone, I've waitted for;
And my heart has heard the answer to it's calling
For it is love that rules for evermore!

Sigh
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2006, 07:57:12 pm »
and here is the update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/187616.html  "11.  The Big Picture"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2006, 08:07:25 pm »
This story is getting better and better....just loving hearing Ellery's point of view on everything that is going on.

Folks, you might want to join us at the re-readers club (on the Ennis and Ellery thread). We are enjoying re-living the early weeks of E&E's relationship.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2006, 09:37:00 pm »
Spoiler::::::
;
;
;
;
;;

;
;
;
this is one of my very favorite lines--made me sigh just reading it!!!

"But up until now, my universe was full of Bills, and Genes, Wilsons and Petes. An Ennis didn’t come along but once in a blue moon – in fact, I’d never seen one."

I think this is one of the best idea lines I have read---I just love it!!
Once in a blue moon---yes he is so right---An Ennis doesn't come along very often, and I haven't met more than one either. LOL

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:15 pm »
SPOILER

"But up until now, my universe was full of Bills, and Genes, Wilsons and Petes. An Ennis didn’t come along but once in a blue moon – in fact, I’d never seen one."

I think this is one of the best idea lines I have read---I just love it!!
Once in a blue moon---yes he is so right---An Ennis doesn't come along very often, and I haven't met more than one either. LOL

So true!  This sentence also hit me hard:

I missed his belt buckle by inches when my hand closed on that doorknob, and I felt crazy right then – crazy to just put my hand there, pull him against me, and feel the flesh that went with the soul of the man who found it just pure common sense to say “Well I think I get that, Ellery.” I wanted to find out what it felt to make love with somebody who had some idea of the big picture, for the first time in my empty, fucked up life.

Oh, they need each other so much - and have so much to give to each other!

You are a wonder, Louise! Thank you for giving Ellery to Ennis and Ennis to Ellery! :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain