Author Topic: The Shrine (AKA Pictures From Home)  (Read 101997 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Shrine (AKA Pictures From Home)
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2006, 01:48:32 pm »
Need to know, Eric; could you actually sleep with Ennis and Jack in your room? 

Yeah.  . . . and when you woke up this mornin, was the pillow wet or was the sheets. . .  or both??   ;) ;D
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2006, 02:03:52 pm »
Yeah.  . . . and when you woke up this mornin, was the pillow wet or was the sheets. . .  or both??   ;) ;D

S'alright.  :)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2006, 02:32:17 pm »
Pete -

I LOVE that you held on to the dream of getting that poster!  I so remember when we all saw it & all dreamed of having it & now you (and Eric) do.  How great.   ;D

Want ya to know, I expect to see them both sometime in the future.  Maybe on a (sorta) annual SF get-together (this year Alberta). 

You brought a very happy smile to my face.  And although I don't have a lavender house, I do have an orange dining room.

"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2006, 02:49:58 pm »
Melinda’s gonna be mad I’m sleepin’ with Jack’s Pants!  ;D  :D

Eric,  :o  Mad?  NO!!!  Are you kidding?  I'm ecstatic!  When I read through this whole adventure last night, my heart was racing with excitement, as if it were happening to me.  I guess that's how I see it--  this beautiful big tribute to our beloved Brokeback Mountain, rescued by Pete and ending up in your home--  it's as if it's a victory and gift to all of us!  And who better than you and Pete to be the caretakers?  We all know you'll love and cherish 'the boys' and be trustworthy guardians!  And....mad at you for sleepin' with Jack's Pants??  Since I (feel that  ;D ) I *AM* JACK'S PANTS, I'm right there with ya!  I am SO excited for you both, and so grateful to Pete for all the trouble he went to for this bold rescue.  Thanks, Pete!  You two might find you're going to have a constant stream of visitors parading through your homes just  to see your new acquisitions!  (May I?  :laugh: )  Eric, your new 'poster' makes my 4' x 6' BBM bus shelter poster look downright puny!  I do have my own BBM shrine in my house, and of course it includes my BBM gifts from Eric and Ellemeno - (Thanks, guys!   :D ).  The Tower Records BBM poster/billboard will always remind me of our San Francisco tour and all the 'scrawny asses' piled into my car (yes, yours, too, Elle!  ;) )  ---  what a memorable night that was!

I'm with everybody else and all the questions and comments---  Pillow, sheets, or both?  Good one, Pete!  Tears in the eyes when looking at these pictures?  You bet.   I am SO happy for you, Eric--  and once again, Pete is our hero.  Love you both.   :-*
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2006, 07:09:28 pm »
thats  just awsome eric ! i love it ! can i come see it and you sometime? ;D
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2006, 10:17:34 pm »
I forgot to take a picture of the blank billboard after the BBM billboard was taken down - so I actually bicycled back today to take a picture

and here is a small sign nearby for the company that designed to BBM billboard

http://www.wetstudios.com/

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2006, 02:40:47 am »
As for my earlier "hint" that I posted -

Hint:

"Once burned," he said, leaning against the counter, feeling too big for the room.   

"You still go fishin with that Jack Twist?"

This photo shows what I meant by "too big for the room."  Eric's ceiling is less than 8' above his floor! But with it leanin like that against the wall, it seems to bring the boys right into the room!!  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2006, 11:24:46 am »
As for my earlier "hint" that I posted -

Hint:

"Once burned," he said, leaning against the counter, feeling too big for the room.  

"You still go fishin with that Jack Twist?"

This photo shows what I meant by "too big for the room." 

You know, I noticed that and had an idea - if you tack some wood strips to the ceiling with some tiny little nails that would spackle up easy, you could have the boys' world lean out to you.  You could actually sleep kind of under them.  :)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2006, 06:31:18 pm »
Hey Julie, I like your buttons, thanks for posting them, lucky you!  :)
The "No instruction manual needed" and its kin are still all at http://www.cafepress.com/ahua/1167379 and http://www.cafepress.com/wero/1304241

Sorry the text around them is so coy, but copyright means I can't actually name the movie.

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2006, 07:12:57 pm »
Wow! That's amazing. I'm so jealous.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.