Author Topic: The Ivory Billed Woodpecker  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
The Ivory Billed Woodpecker
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:34:15 pm »
I think it they really want to prove that bird is still with us they need to give a camera to everyone in Arkansas so they will have no excuse to take a picture of it.
 ::)  :-X
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

Re: The Ivory Billed Woodpecker
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 01:13:57 am »
Oh I KNOW you are not doubting the existance of our lil bird!!  :laugh: :laugh:

seems there is someone on TV every other day claiming to have seen it. You would think if it were that common the scientists could find them... :-\

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:11:30 pm »
Well, they were so beautiful, ppl still want to think there still around.  I hope that's the case. 

Woodpeckers and Sap suckers seem to stick out moreso then other birds. Especially if there a Red-bellied or Red-headed woodpecker.  Given the unique headshape of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, you think if they were around, someone would have seem them.  I think they've just been heard, right.

Audubon did some wonderful painting of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. Glad they were still around in his day.

injest

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 07:14:37 pm »
the problem is that there is another woodpecker in the area that looks very similiar to the ivory billed...

the other one...the one which is NOT endangered has a patch of white on its neck...so it is difficult if you just catch a glimpse to know which you are looking at...