Author Topic: The ABC'z of Christmas  (Read 3077 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
The ABC'z of Christmas
« on: December 25, 2006, 03:10:02 am »
In honor of everyone who plays, reads, lurks and moderates the ABC'z Game here at Bettermost.  Happy Holidays everyone, Thank You for the many hours of pleasure you have given me  ;D

is for Angels with halos so bright, whose carols were heard on that first Christmas night.
is for Bells so merrily ringing, joy to the world is the message they're bringing.
is for Candles that so brightly shine to give a warm welcome, to your friends and mine.
is for Doorway with garlands of green, to make Christmas merry as far as they're seen.
is for Evergreens, with fragrance so rare, so plentiful at Christmas, their scent fills the air.
is for Fun the whole season long, from trimming the tree to singing a song.
is for Greetings - a merry "hello" - with a heart full of love for people we know.
is for Holly, with berries so red, to make into wreaths to hang overhead,
is for Ice on snow covered hills, where sledding is fun along with the spills.
is for Jesus, the Christ child so dear. We honor his birth on Christmas each year.
is for Kris Kringle - so merrily he stands. He is who they call Santa in so many lands.
is for Lanterns. I am sure that their light helped Mary and Joseph that first Christmas night.
is for Mary, her heart full of love, for her little son Jesus, who came from above.
is for Noel, the angels did sing, to herald the birth of Jesus, our King.
is for Ornaments, so shining and bright, with lights on the tree to sparkle at night.
is for Packages with ribbons so gay, all 'round the tree for our Christmas Day.
is for Quiet, Christmas Eve night, with snow covered hills glistening so bright.
is for Reindeer who pull Santa's sleigh, to your house, to my house, they know the way.
is for Shepherds who first saw the star over Bethlehem's manger and followed it far.
is for Trees we decorate so gay; then wait for ole Santa to hurry our way.
is for Universe, where Christmas brings joy to all in the world - to each girl and each boy.
is for Visiting friends near and far. We travel by plane or by bus or by car.
  is for Wise Men, who brought gifts so rare, and knelt down and worshiped the child they found there.
is for Xmas, or Christmas by full name. No matter the language, it all means the same.
is for Yule Logs,whose bright sparks fly high, to give a warm welcome to friends passing by.
is for Zeal we show at this time, in giving to others and loving mankind.

Author Unknown 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Mary Twist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
A-B-C'z of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 06:26:07 pm »
Bless you, Miss Dot, for posting a real neighborly and truly inspirational message.  It is particularly nice since it is the meaningful and likeable A-B-Cz of Christmas.  Oh, my, what a holiday delight.  You will not be surprised that my favorite letter is "M" for Mary.  He-he.  You deserve a special holiday mug of coffee and an extra piece of cherry cake topped with cherry ice cream with a kiss.

Blessings,
The other Mary

P.S.  It's so sad that none of the other Playerz share our spirit of Christmas particularly since it relates to the A-B-Cz.  With over 82 years under my silk belt, as of 1983 nothing surprises Mrs. Twist anymore.     
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:02:25 pm by Mary Twist »
You come back and see us soon.  We'll have fresh hot coffee and homemade cherry cake!