Author Topic: BBM related painting my friend made for me - and something I forgot  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I wanted to share with you what a wonderful gift my friend Kerstin had for me at Christmas. She painted the Wyoming Bucking Horse and Rider.

I didn't have any idea she is able to paint! I'm a person who can't draw/paint anything. If I try to draw a dog for the children, everybody thinks it's a UFO or something  :laugh:
I'm totally in awe. It's such a thoughtful and loving gift. I'm very happy about it.

(The crayon color at the wall was my son *grrmphf* . He re-decorated half of the living-room walls  >:().
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:08:43 pm by Penthesilea »

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: BBM related painting my friend made for me
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:43:37 am »
I like the liberties your FRiend took with the Wyoming buckaroo, turning him into a cowgirl!! Nice art work by your friend and your son!!

(The stage will pass eventually, Chrissi!)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:12:38 pm »
Chrissi, we only recently seem to have passed out of crayon and ballpoint pen on the walls.

You and Kerstin are sooo lucky to have each other.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 07:49:52 am »
What a thoughtful, great gift from Kerstin!  :)  You two are lucky to be so in accord about BBM, - it *is* nice to have someone around in RL who feels the same about it. And as for the crayons - it looks almost like your son drew a rainbow on the wall..... and in that sense it fits the BBM theme as well.   :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: BBM related painting my friend made for me - and something I forgot
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »
I totally forgot to mention and show you what I had made as a Christmas gift for her:
Surprise, surprise: it's a BBM-related picture, too. Yep, great minds think alike  ;D.
Since I don't have any creative talents, I made a collage from photos of BBM and our Euro-Brokie-meeting in London:

Re my son: yes, I know. We had this stage two times before  :-\ . I think every child does it. We contemplated to renovate and repaint our walls next spring, but then decided to wait one more year. It's safer  :).

Re Kerstin: You're both right, Clarissa and Mikaela. It's a blessing to have found such a good friend and at the same time a fellow Brokie in one person.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 03:50:31 pm »
Penthesilea, I am fucking JEALOUS. Congrats.  :D
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 09:59:29 am »
Thank you, bbm_stitchbuffyfan  :).

I'm still looking for the best place to hang my pic. Either I put it in our study, next to my BBM-Poster. Then I will have it always in eye-sight when sitting at the computer. But unfortunately barely someone else will see it then.
I guess I'll put it into the living room and hang it very high, so my son can't reach it, even when he climbs on the furniture (sofas and the like - another fun stage  ;)).