Author Topic: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!  (Read 23990 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 12:14:23 am »
Ok, don't laugh.  I used to be a dancer and a damn good one if I do say so.  In 1981 I tried out to be a solid gold dancer..(anybody out there remember them?)
Unfortunately, I didn't get it, but had a blast trying.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 12:25:45 am »
OH MY GOD!!!!! You have just become a total rock star in my opinion!  When I was a kid I told everyone that I was going to be a Solid Gold dancer when I grew up.  I was obsessed with that show!! 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 01:53:48 am »
I never did answer the "stupid thing you said" in dementia thread. since i think we should just let that thread die, I answer it here as my random thing.

My freshman year at UCLA, in a semi lecture hall. It had about 100 people in it, so it's bigger than a normal class, but not as big as the regular lectures. It was a lit class, if I remember right. At the end of hour one, I felt like I had to go to the men's room, but I thought, I could hold it until the end of lecture. Middle of hour two, I just couldn't hold it any more. Now this was my first quarter, so I didn't really know what the protocol was. Remember back in high school, you needed to go, you raise your hand and asked permission. So I thought it'd only be polite to ask, instead of just sneaking out. I raised my hand, asked, and everyone, including the professor burst into laughter. So yeah, that was one of the dumbest things I've said.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 03:59:32 am »
*Snort*  That's a fabulous story, Starboard.  I hope you know I'm laughing at you, not with you.*

I was very, very worried for a moment that you had pissed your pants.  Because that wouldn't have been funny.  It would have been cold and clammy.

*  Awwwwww, not really.  You know I looove you, Starbie.  *Adriana tickles Nipith and tries to make him pee his pants.  Nipith does not oblige.  Adriana pouts.*

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:22 pm »
Hmm .. one random thing - I am deathly and irrationally afraid of clowns, and clown dolls.  Even Jimbo the Rodeo Clown creeped me out!

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 12:52:26 pm »
OK here's mine:

The only other movie I've seen in the theatre more times than BBM (20) is the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I stopped counting at 60 something.  We used to go every week when we were in high school, but I haven't been in at least 10 years, probably more.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 01:29:34 pm »
Just wanted to chime in that clowns creep me out, too.  Always have, always will.  I'm sorry, but they're just not right.

And I have *actually* broken my nose twice, both times by walking into a sliding glass door.

Before you think, erm, any less of me, I submit that neither time was my fault!  The first time, the freaking thing was in the middle of the inside of a condo - it separated the master bedroom from a little hallway that connected it to a Jack and Jill bathroom and another bedroom.  My brother and his wife and I were all staying there when we went down to Florida to see our grandfather one more time while he was in hospice for cancer - we were in the condo he had owned and was now ready to be sold.  I went through the door, leaving it open, and into the hallway then bathroom to brush my teeth.  While I was in there with the water running, my sister-in-law unbeknownst to me walked through it from the other direction to get something out of the bedroom, and then, upon leaving, closed it.  After which I turned around and walked full-speed right into it.  The other time was a similar situation - I was on our screened, partially sheltered patio watching and listening to Hurricane Jeanne start to come on full force.  It was 8 at night, and it was only just getting started, so it was "safe" for me to be out there.  A nice cool wind was blowing from the east (ha ha), so I left the slider into the game room open let some fresh air into the house before closing it completely off.  I was talking to my Dad on the portable phone with my back to the door.  Unbeknownst to me again, Ed decided to close it in his travels.  I turned and walked full-speed into it, AGAIN, dropped the phone, picked it up, and my Dad goes, "What just happened?"  I said, "Oh, nothing, I think I just broke my nose..."  Funniest thing was he just picked up right where he had left off and never asked me how or why that happened.   ::)
No more beans!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2006, 02:39:55 pm »
*Snort*  That's a fabulous story, Starboard.  I hope you know I'm laughing at you, not with you.*

I was very, very worried for a moment that you had pissed your pants.  Because that wouldn't have been funny.  It would have been cold and clammy.

*  Awwwwww, not really.  You know I looove you, Starbie.  *Adriana tickles Nipith and tries to make him pee his pants.  Nipith does not oblige.  Adriana pouts.*

he he. only sweet chanterais gets to laugh at me. and with the hot and dry "autumn"* of LA, my pants would have dried before the end of class, and no one would have been the wiser.

* I put autumn in quotes because it's really still summer until it's winter in December.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 02:43:50 pm »
I pierced my own ears when I was 11 with a sewing needle.  I just iced 'em down, rubbed alcohol on 'em and on the needle, jammed it in there and followed it with a gold post earring (they didn't have piercing earrings in 1976, or at least not that I was able to come across).  The hardest thing was doing the second one!   :o  Too bad it wasn't quite yet the fashion to just have one pierced ear - I'd have gladly stopped with my left had that been the case.

I did it that way because we had very little money at the time and my Mom said she didn't have enough to give me to go get it done properly at the mall.  Truth be told, she really just didn't want me to get my ears pierced.  Man, was she pissed when she saw them.  I was grounded for the rest of the summer, and I did it in early July.

I remember in Junior high, a bunch of my friends had a sleep over. This was the mid-80's and having one pierced ear was the cool thing. My friend that night decided to pierce their ears. They were guys. Going to an ear piercing place was not macho enough, so in their bathrooms with needles and rubbing alcohol, they pierced each other's ears. I being the nerd of the group wasn't pressured too much into doing it, so I didn't.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 03:05:55 pm »
Mandy, thanks.  I will check the thread.

Della - Reincarnation flashbacks?  Not really.  I don't think I believe the flashbacks I've experienced, except for one.  I had one where I was with my younger brother by a river, and we were washing an Elephant as young men.  I have had one trans-channel tell me that I used to live with tigers.  I don't believe that either.  The last Tiger was around tried to attack me from its cage, and it was indeed crouching, and on that very same day I ran across a pond to avoid the elephant that was being taken out for a walk.  That was two years ago, and I haven't been up to Michael Jackson's ranch again ever since.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"