Author Topic: Resistol  (Read 9672 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Resistol
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 01:58:08 pm »
Birthday present to myself...a straw cowboy hat like Ennis wears in the drive-in movie scene. I'll try to get a picture of myself in it at the CSN&Y concert I'm going to this Thursday...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 08:39:55 pm »
Lee--

Wow.

How to  strange for me to see this revived old thread...on April 12 and then April 13 I was four days and then three days away from having...my stroke. I thought I had a pretty bad flu (with a touch of 'pleurisy'), and instead my lungs were actually filled with pulmonary emboli about to go 'boom'...guess I was very, very lucky, considering, but...uh.

Thanks. Lee, thanks, really, for "keeping your thread going until you're feeling better!" Really. Even if I'm a bit worse for wear!

I LOVE Ennis's straw hat--I've been wanting one since I first saw the movie! I'm DYING to see your photo--Lee, please let's see you wearing your (birthday) hat!

Happy birthday!

xxxx
John
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:42:13 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 11:17:46 am »
I hope I am not dredging up bad memories by reviving this thread, John! It's one of my personal faves. Last nite my son told my husband that I had bought a cowboy hat up at Buffalo Bill's grave and gift shop, and so I put it on for him. He said it was a hillbilly cowboy hat and seemed to approve. Watched "Open Range" which is the only movie I've seen this decade in which I liked Kevin Costner. Of course, Robert Duvall was excellent in it and Annette Bening was not bad.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
One of my fave topics by the incomparable John Gallagher.